• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2560x1080, 21:9 ratio LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Review from anandtech:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6482/lg-29ea93-ultrawide-display-missing-its-target

LG 29EA93

Overall I think it's a pretty nice monitor, I do a lot of dual windows on my 1920x1080 laptop and 24" Dell and sometimes you need just a little more horizontal room. I also like the gaming capabilities and the bezel elimination (I'll admit I haven't gamed for an extended time on multi-monitor setups, but it drove me nuts having the bezel for the hour I did).

I know for the cost of 700 we're encroaching the territory of 2560x1440, but I think it's a nice attempt atleast.

Any other opinions?

i think it could would cause problems in games IE not have option for 21.9
and too pricey also

For gaming or any other computer activities, I prefer vertical space, so better 16:10 than 21:9 ^^

You do know that in virtually every game you will get the same vertical space but more horizontal space?

Though the price is ridiculous on this, 2 monitors may be better honestly and much cheaper. You can also get two korean 27" monitors for less than $700 or a brand name 27". It might be more useful in that 21:9 laptop.

You do know that in virtually every game you will get the same vertical space but more horizontal space?

Yes I do :)

But gaming is not my major activity (even when I am playing, I am doing several things at the same time :D ), and I have 3 24", so... better have a 16:10 for all other activities and 3 screens for gaming ;)

Back