• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi guyz. May i join your team ? * Update : Up and crunching *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

Its been a few weeks im thinking of going back to folding. I already done a little bit of folding back in my I7 920 and GTX460 days but i want do come back at it since my HTPC GPU is nearly alwais sleeping like a baby and i feel the need of putting it to work.

I know this is not that much but i offer your team my GTS450 in all its glory to fold for the team nearly 24/7. Im now reading/posting on the forum for 3 yrs and this the best of all the english forum i read/post on. (Im french from Quebec/Canada).

Im at work currently but ill teamview my HTPC and set it up in the next min/hour depand on the time i have to do it today.

*** Edit : 2012-12-14 ***

Boinc is now up and running on my HTPC wich is a 2500K @ 4ghz with a GTS450 but the GTS450 is going be replace next week by an Asus GTX560TI DCII :)

*** Edit : 2012-12-21 ***

The GTX560TI DCII i ordered is finally BO... :mad:

I made some change, the little GTS450 heats up to much IMO, even downclocked and downvolted, the cooling on this low end version is kinda poor. Ill see if i can do something for the card but its not computing anymore.

I now compute on both my HTPC and main RIG.

Currently running :
HTPC : I5 2500k on a Z77m-Pro @ 4.0ghz
Main rig : I7 3820 on a X79 FTW @ 4.2ghz

For the HTPC, i've set the computing to never stop on 50% of the cores and 100% of the CPU time. The HTPC only load few torrent, sometime play movie and light gaming, i dont think ill ever stop him from working. 50% of its power remaining is enough !

My main rig too is set for 50% of the cores and 100% of CPU time. I may stop the computing while gaming but ill see wich games may need more power from my CPU. I dont want to completely stop the computing while in use since 75% of my time on the main rig is some web surfing and other small task.

Edit 2012-12-27

I finally took an Asus GTX650TI DCII for ~110$ at boxing day sales here in canada. This card pump ~80watts under full load and is nearly as powerfull as a GTX560TI :) Great new for my HTPC :)

Ill add heatsink to the VRMs to make sure they dont overheat while folding and VOILA !

Last edited:
Yesterday my teamviewer didnt worked from work, couldn load the web app... dont know why but today it work. Ill set it up later today if i have spare time at work.

Edit : BOINC is now up and running. I joined the team on my account pref, and installed a GPU apps from lunatic. I just need to tune this a little bit now :)

Last edited:
Ill have more power for the team :)

I just got my hand on a "open box" brand new Asus GTX560TI DCII for my HTPC, the new boy gona calculate for us :) 122$ shipped. (canadian)

Just to make sure, i have like 20 to 30 complete work that my BOINC isnt sending from this morning. I didnt set any restriction as for network usage.

Any clue why these complete work arnt sent to seti@home ?

Just to make sure, i have like 20 to 30 complete work that my BOINC isnt sending from this morning. I didnt set any restriction as for network usage.

Any clue why these complete work arnt sent to seti@home ?

My messages tab shows the project is offline for maintenance.
Since employees do not work weekends, we will probably be offline until Monday. This is why I recommend a 10 day work cache (which an optimized client will burn thru in much less than 10 days).

I had it set to 2 days, if it last the week end, ill be out of work tomorow. Ive upped it too 7 days now.

Thanks for the answer.

Some of my work just registered. But tons of report still on my computer waiting to be sent.

Boulard83
Member of team : Overclockers.com
Position in team : 420 out of 1,362

:)

Ive asked for a minimum of 2 days and 10 days max but the BOINC manager never load that much work. I alwais have 1.5-2 days of work but never more.

Anyone have a clue ?

Ive asked for a minimum of 2 days and 10 days max but the BOINC manager never load that much work. I alwais have 1.5-2 days of work but never more.

Anyone have a clue ?

There is also a hard limit on the number of work units given to each CPU and each GPU.

High end GPU's and optimized clients mow thru that hard cap very rapidly.

If your cache is set to 10 days, then you have maximized the volume of work that you will be allowed to download.

There is also a hard limit on the number of work units given to each CPU and each GPU.

High end GPU's and optimized clients mow thru that hard cap very rapidly.

If your cache is set to 10 days, then you have maximized the volume of work that you will be allowed to download.

Thanks for answering.

My HTPC have been out of work quite a few times last week and this week end. I hope ill be allowed more work soon cause ill have a GTX560TI instead of the GTS450. Works gona end much faster.

The GTX560TI DCII i ordered is finally BO... :mad:

I made some change, the little GTS450 heats up to much IMO, even downclocked and downvolted, the cooling on this low end version is kinda poor. Ill see if i can do something for the card but its not computing anymore.

I now compute on both my HTPC and main RIG.

Currently running :
HTPC : I5 2500k on a Z77m-Pro @ 4.0ghz
Main rig : I7 3820 on a X79 FTW @ 4.2ghz

For the HTPC, i've set the computing to never stop on 50% of the cores and 100% of the CPU time. The HTPC only load few torrent, sometime play movie and light gaming, i dont think ill ever stop him from working. 50% of its power remaining is enough !

My main rig too is set for 50% of the cores and 100% of CPU time. I may stop the computing while gaming but ill see wich games may need more power from my CPU. I dont want to completely stop the computing while in use since 75% of my time on the main rig is some web surfing and other small task.

The GTS450 was doing so pretty good numbers. I dont have space in the HTPC for better cooling on the card, all slots are used by the GTS450 2slot, a N900 wireless card and a hauppauge HVR2250. If i find a good deal on something like a 650TI or similar, ill put it to work.

I finally took an Asus GTX650TI DCII for ~110$ at boxing day sales here in canada. This card pump ~80watts under full load and is nearly as powerfull as a GTX560TI :) Great new for my HTPC :)

Ill add heatsink to the VRMs to make sure they dont overheat while folding and VOILA !

We are glad to have you.
a129.jpg
k2.jpg

And there is the new kid on the block. Added heatsink to the VRMs since ill fold on the card pretty much 24/7 :)

Asus GTX 650 TI DCII
Received, tested, modded, reinstalled !

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_001.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_002.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_003.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_004.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_005.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_006.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_007.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_008.JPG

boulard83_Asus_GTX650TI_DCII_009.JPG

Back