• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Fan Recommendation for CM Hyper212+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

So i bought this cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2 plus&RandomID=64277746224619120121214103503

and was thinking of buying a second fan for it (or replacing the fan already on it and buying 2 fans). Something with a red LED glow and not too loud. Obviously id like for one to use the 4 pin connector on the MB. Had some questions though...

-What is the recommended fan replacement for this unit (4 pin CPU mobo fan connector type)?
-Also, how would i make a second fan on it run in sync with the main fan?
-Should i even bother with two fans right now? Im still getting the system together and dont plan on overclocking right away. Its an i7-3770k and a Z77 extreme intel board.

Thanks for your guys's help, always appreciate it.

I'm not an intel guy, but if that's the same fan I have on my CM EVO, it's pretty good. And quiet.

I think just about any 120mm x 25mm fan would fit. Those brackets are pretty easy to use. No idea how you could sync it up exactly (without a fan controller) for push/pull, but you might get lucky.

Nope, no need for another fan right now for sure. Good basic great cooler and that will keep your stock CPU wayy cool enough. No worries.

Your welcome to follow the many discussions or older posts later as you need mora fannage.

Depending on how you run the CPU is the basis of what fan you should choose. If you run stock to mild overclocks, the stock fan is fine for your needs. With that in mind, if you are just looking to add a Red Led fan for aesthetics there are numerous fans to choose. My personal preference is the Lepa Chopper. With that said if you are really looking to push the OC on it you will need to do some research on fans for heatsinks/radiators. Something like a Scyth Gentle typhoon is usually recommended.

Back