• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I got a Corsair H100I yesterday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just like you, I had a 212 and switched to the 100i, and it was a great upgrade. With the 212, it was getting too hot under load at stock. With the 100i I can get a 4.4 overclock on my 3770K and still keep very good temps. Hopefully my 100i won't croak on me like it has for others. I'm sure Corsair will take care of me if it does!

I know this thread is half a year old, but I was wondering if you used the stock fans with your H100i. I'm looking to buy the H100i for my Rosewill Blackhawk ATX mid-tower and I'm wondering if I can mod it like you and this guy:
The guy in the video was using different fans and only had a few millimeters of clearance between the Mobo and the fans. Just wanted to know if this was a doable option or not. I have this Mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
just in case that info can help determine if I can do the H100i.

Yes, I used the stock fans in my mod. Looks like the guy in the video went to a lot more trouble than I did modding the case. I didn't cut the top cover at all and just cut the metal top enough to allow the rad to slide through. I then glued thin wood strips to the sides of the rad so that it just sits in place. The top cover just touches the top of the rad and the fans clear the mobo by a few millimeters. It is tight but very doable and well worth the effort.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for necro-ing this old thread.

No problem at all, it was interesting to learn that there have been failures. It is much better to have a quiet computer with a lot less dust.

Back