• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8350 Overclocked to 4.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tdog2005

Registered
I overclocked my 8350 to 4.5ghz, I really can not tell any difference in performance in games. Temp stock was 48 max in prime and overclocked was 55 max. I tested unigine 3.0 and my benchmark before was 116.9fps and after overclock was 121.1. Small performance jump worth overclocking this I am not sure, I don't really want to overclock any higher as I want my temp to max where its at.

If your happy with the performance and temps leave it as is. You might reconsider your configuration and play with tuning around that speed. I personally like 220(blck/htt) x 20 multiplier for 4.4Ghz CPU, 2.4Ghz HT link, and 2.4Ghz CPU-NB speeds. This also allows me to run my ram @ 2052Mhz using the 1866 multiplier. Overall the system performance is better in this setup than it was @ 4.6Ghz multiplier only.

If you want more FPS for little work you need to overclock your graphics card.

When overclocking with the FSB i was having a lot of problems trying to get it stable like instant drop of workers in prime and 2nd hard drive not being detected and wireless network card not being detected. I only lowered memory frequency so i am thinking i need to lower other settings to help with stability. If i can overclock with both multiplier and fsb and get it stable maybe i can keep same temps and get to 4.7 or so with same temp.

The other frequencies besides ram that typically need to be lowered to maintain stability when oveclocking with the FSB are the CPUNB and the HT Link.

If you want more FPS for little work you need to overclock your graphics card.
+1 You are not going to notice much of an improvement by overclocking your cpu in gpu intensive games.

Well I applied all the settings from my overclock yesterday from AI Suite into the bios and ran prime and my temp has dropped to 52 degrees so I am pretty happy with temp :) Its actually nice overclocking in AI suite that way you do not have to restart you computer and go to back to the bios and play with settings if a worker stops in prime. I think I could get it to 4.8 but the fans on the h80I are loud and I do not want them running at full with the extra heat created. Also if anyone else gets the crosshair formula z board and has trouble overclocking which I did , after playing around with the cpu load line calibration and cpu/nb loadline calibration I got it to work, I had to have the cpu at ultra high and cpu/nb at high or workers would drop, I also set the cpu and cpu/nb currernt to 110%.

Well I applied all the settings from my overclock yesterday from AI Suite into the bios and ran prime and my temp has dropped to 52 degrees so I am pretty happy with temp :) Its actually nice overclocking in AI suite that way you do not have to restart you computer and go to back to the bios and play with settings if a worker stops in prime. I think I could get it to 4.8 but the fans on the h80I are loud and I do not want them running at full with the extra heat created. Also if anyone else gets the crosshair formula z board and has trouble overclocking which I did , after playing around with the cpu load line calibration and cpu/nb loadline calibration I got it to work, I had to have the cpu at ultra high and cpu/nb at high or workers would drop, I also set the cpu and cpu/nb currernt to 110%.

H80 / H80i will get you to 4.8, but even with my well-behaved chip (That usually lets me run a bit less voltage than the usual), the temps get into the mid 60's + when stress testing (Personal experience, I replaced the H80i on my 8350 with the Rasa kit).. You have to give it more juice very quickly once you break 4.55-4.6, just be wary of this, otherwise happy OC'ing :attn:

H80 / H80i will get you to 4.8, but even with my well-behaved chip (That usually lets me run a bit less voltage than the usual), the temps get into the mid 60's + when stress testing (Personal experience, I replaced the H80i on my 8350 with the Rasa kit).. You have to give it more juice very quickly once you break 4.55-4.6, just be wary of this, otherwise happy OC'ing :attn:

Is your overclock FSB and Multiplier or just Multiplier.

Is your overclock FSB and Multiplier or just Multiplier.

Never do multipler only. Temps and voltage are higher. I use FSB and multi, gets you more performance. Its literally just the exponential power requirements you get after breaching those frequencies

Back