• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nexus 4 won't turn on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why are you using the messaging app instead of google voice for messaging? That's your problem right there. :)

Sorry, I don't know the actual answer to your question (because I use GV for text/voicemail).

Haha. I like to use the internal messaging app. My msgs on my plan are free and infinite to any and all so eh. I'll have a look at that Google voice though.

Edit. Not available in my country. Probably explains why I've never heard of it haha.

I have the same problem. After running out of batteries, my phone now can't be turned on - despite several minutes spent holding down the power button and the volume buttons in all combinations. My best guess is that the phone has got into a state where it can be neither reset NOR recharged without battery power - which it isn't going to get until I can charge it. To judge by others' comments, I'm not the only one to have encountered this problem, and I can't believe that testing didn't pick up such a basic flaw in this phone. Guess I'll have to try and do battle with customer services tomorrow :-(

I have the same problem. After running out of batteries, my phone now can't be turned on - despite several minutes spent holding down the power button and the volume buttons in all combinations. My best guess is that the phone has got into a state where it can be neither reset NOR recharged without battery power - which it isn't going to get until I can charge it. To judge by others' comments, I'm not the only one to have encountered this problem, and I can't believe that testing didn't pick up such a basic flaw in this phone. Guess I'll have to try and do battle with customer services tomorrow :-(

Hold volume up + volume down + usb cord in the computer and power, that should get you into download mode, from which you can use lgnpst to restore. Download mode will run on usb power.

The other option is when you plug it into your computer, does it show up as anything in device manager? Such as qhusb mode?

As a side note to Matt: Happy Birthday, and except a belated gift from me in the mail soon! :)

Also anyone else with a n4/lgog feel free to pm me if you have issues. I'm not arround here as much anymore (sadly) but I am one of the main guys behind the cousin of the nexus 4, the lg optimus g. So I've dealt with most things.

Thanks dude! 31, yaaaaaay... ...:cry:

Interested to hear if you advice helps. Nothing would work with mine.

@dpr20: On the upside, support was VERY easy to work with, and very well spoken. She did sound a bit like a California girl, but got me squared quickly and easily.

Back