• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED hd 7950 & trixx vddc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

hi,
im trying to get my 7950 gpu clock to hit 1100mhz but highest i can get is 1060mhz. the stock voltage is 0.950 and on load 1.250 and i wanted to use trixx to increase V a bit to get to 1100mhz. but no matter what i set the vddc to in trixx the voltage doesnt change on the card stays at 0.950/ 1.250.

any1 know why this is and if there is anything i can do to get 1100 on the clock? mem freq is stable at 1650mhz.

its the sapphire vapor-x with the turbo boost, tried afterburner and gpu tweak but only trixx gives me voltage control

This sounds strange as the Vapor-X is not locked.

If Trixx can change volt, so can MSI Afterburner, just remember to unlock the volting feature in options.

Try something that you know will be a working OC. But even with stock volt it should handel the small increase.

Do you have Turbo button pressed or not?

afterburner doesnt allow me to change voltage even when unofficial overclocking and voltage box is ticked.

it seems to be the same weather the turbo button is pressed or not. but i can set the voltage in trixx it just doesnt change on the card

How do you know it doesnt change on the card? Have you run anything after that and read the graph in AB?

i have g19 keyboard with the screen on, i can see temps, clock speeds, watts use, %used and voltage ect when i set the voltage in trixx it doesnt change on the screen.

when changing cpu voltage for example i see the v change immediately on the screen

I'd use the graphs in GPUz, personally.
Afterburner works too though, generally speaking.

I had no problem getting my Sapphire 7950 dual fan to 1150/1500 with voltage set to +20% using CCC so bit a suprised that VaporX model is struggling. Try dropping the mem back to 1250 and upping the gpu to max then see what the mem will do.

Last edited:
tried that but crashes after 30 seconds in 3dmark get "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" message

I had no problem getting my Sapphire 7950 dual fan to 1150/1500 with voltage set to +20% using CCC so bit a suprised that VaporX model is struggling. Try dropping the mem back to 1250 and upping the gpu to max then see what the mem will do.
changing that slider doesn't change voltage, but simply raises tdp.

using AB it reads 0.806v idle and 1.056v on load even though i set it at 1.2v
i removed ccc and i now get further into 3dmark but still crashes and get "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"

changing that slider doesn't change voltage, but simply raises tdp.

Agreed. I may have been slightly off the point of how to raise voltage. Just would have thought his VaporX would have had more tolerance to OCing out of the box since a lot of 7950s seem to get above 1100 on the core without added voltage. Doesn't it already have slightly higher voltage since it uses a 6 and 8 pin connectors vs the OEM two 6 pin?

got it i needed to tick force constant voltage in AB now i can set voltage. question now is what voltage and temps are safe including vrm's

Agreed. I may have been slightly off the point of how to raise voltage. Just would have thought his VaporX would have had more tolerance to OCing out of the box since a lot of 7950s seem to get above 1100 on the core without added voltage. Doesn't it already have slightly higher voltage since it uses a 6 and 8 pin connectors vs the OEM two 6 pin?
Having different connectors only means that it can pull more power. It doesnt mean that it already has more voltage set in the core, that is a per core basis where they set it. :thup:

Back