• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Error While Computing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

I Just started getting that error my specs for pc is in my sig, i just installed a evga gtx650ti, made sure drivers were upated from nvida, did a repair with bonic, i have no idea what else to try,ty

this is the error txt:

Stderr output

<core_client_version>7.0.28</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
Incorrect function. (0x1) - exit code 1 (0x1)
</message>
<stderr_txt>
setiathome_CUDA: Found 1 CUDA device(s):
Device 1 : GeForce GTX 650 Ti
totalGlobalMem = -2147483648
sharedMemPerBlock = 49152
regsPerBlock = 65536
warpSize = 32
memPitch = 2147483647
maxThreadsPerBlock = 1024
clockRate = 928000
totalConstMem = 65536
major = 3
minor = 0
textureAlignment = 512
deviceOverlap = 1
multiProcessorCount = 4
setiathome_CUDA: CUDA Device 1 specified, checking...
Device 1: GeForce GTX 650 Ti is okay
SETI@home using CUDA accelerated device GeForce GTX 650 Ti
setiathome_enhanced 6.09 Visual Studio/Microsoft C++
libboinc: 6.3.22

Work Unit Info:
WU true angle range is : 0.392699
Optimal function choices:
-----------------------------------------------------
name
-----------------------------------------------------
v_BaseLineSmooth (no other)
v_GetPowerSpectrum 0.00018 0.00000
v_ChirpData 0.01149 0.00000
v_Transpose4 0.00453 0.00000
FPU opt folding 0.00237 0.00000
CUFFT error in file 'd:/Projects/SETI/seti_boinc/client/cuda/cudaAcc_fft.cu' in line 62.

</stderr_txt>
]]>

Last edited:
It sure would be nice if SETI reported a more specific error message that would point us to the potential problem...

Lacking that it is necessary to do a system examination.
Run memtest to see if you have ram problems
Run a CPU load test looking for errors (the CPU handles data for the GPU, so it does have a role in CUDA work)
Do the same on the GPU.

I had a slight overclock on a GPU that began throwing these error work units after several years of service. The solution was to revert the settings to stock and the errors went away. If the stock GPU is throwing errors and it is within warantee, then an RMA is appropriate.

I had a non GPU cruncher start throwing errors. Turned out to be one bad stick of RAM.

I can add more as to when it all started, i had a gtx 630 worked fine no probs, changed to the card i have now, and was working then all the sudden this prob started, i will do them test, that u said, how do i check the video card? ty

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/Video-Card-Stability-Test.shtml << i am running this one right now.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=69857#1300486 << found that on the seti site

Now says gpu computing enabled, so i will let u know.

There fix seems to be working.

Last edited:
Back