• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Satellite shuts off in BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

I have a 1 year old Toshiba A665-S5170 that shuts off after maybe a total of 25 seconds. It has a total time of maybe 60 hours on it.

When you press the power button, it turns on, shows Toshiba screen, then goes to a cursor for a few seconds before the fan spins faster and it shuts off. If I go into the bios, it shuts off in the same amount of time nothing different.

It is not hot, there is no dust buildup at all. It is literally like brand new. Bypassed the power button, so it's not that. Changed ram, but it doesn't seem to like only one stick. Anytime I put different sticks in, it doesn't even power up.

Anyone think of anything else I can try?

i would think the paste may have dried up and thats why you cant feel it heat up and it might be over heating....

I would hope that wouldn't be an issue after barely any use, but I will change that out tomorrow.

I'm just guessing but I've killed some cpu,gpus cuz the cooler wasn't making contact before and over heated and killed itself haha

Or could be somethin is going out

I'm thinking it's a bad mobo, but I'm hoping its something not so costly

Anyone else? New paste did nothing, and no matter where I am, Bios, booting from cd anything, it shuts down. Still leaning towards motherboard being bad, but hoping I've forgotten something simple.

Back