• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How will you handle team-jumpers? If they fold on another team leading up to the CC then switch back to their main team...

How will you handle team-jumpers? If they fold on another team leading up to the CC then switch back to their main team...

I welcome any and all team jumpers. If they want to add to our teams total for a while, I have no objection. We might not win the challenge but we will be ahead net points from their contributions.

Unfortunately, most people are honorable and we won't get much help from them - but if they want to try, come on over!

This is what they are trying to get voting for:

April 1st to April 10th
April 8th to April 17th
Keep it early May

Code:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1370630/2013-chimp-challenge-date-vote

Most people vote for ealier April.

Currently deciding which rig to help you with, current thoughts are along the lines of my dual x5670 rig, a nice upgrade from last years SMP only dual L5640, but then the dual L5640 rig is now bigadv capable again so who knows.

That won't help them. ONLY race results from previous years determine the handicap for this year.

That handles teams that combine as well, - like Hardware Canucks and NCIX, who always race as one team.

Edit: It's official, Vietnam Global Team is in the CC this year! :clap:

Last edited:
Starting date will be in April - April 13th has been proposed, and is being voted on, right now.

We have a web master (two possible), and I hope to persuade the Captains to use a simple handicap points system. Easy to use, and very easy to "tweak" as we gain more racing experience from using it.

Im ready to listen to any proposal Adak
I want the format this week - with formula
Something simple be nice - Id also like to go back to something to bring MPC back in (if not this year next year)

The handicap plan is posted in the Captain's forum, awaiting final approval. Starting date of April 13th Noon Pacific Daylight Time, will be finalized (or not), by this Friday.

@speedracer - the CC race is simply about bragging rights, having fun, and the most fun thing you can do to promote a charity, with your clothes on.

:D

The handicap plan is posted in the Captain's forum, awaiting final approval. Starting date of April 13th Noon Pacific Daylight Time, will be finalized (or not), by this Friday.

@Speedracer - the CC race is simply about bragging rights, having fun, and the most fun thing you can do to promote a charity, with your clothes on.

:D

Whose ever heard of a chimp with clothes on?? They prefer au naturel.

The April 13th (Noon) starting date is firming up nicely.

This is the handicap points format for the 2013 Chimp Challenge, as of today. Changes are possible to either of these, but unlikely.

Note that the 2012 raw points stats were lost by Google - so these are projected 2012 race stats, based on the May 12th to June 12th team Monthly totals, from ExtremeOverclocking.com stats site.

Any projected team loss from 2011 actual race stats, compared to projected 2012 race points, was limited to a 10% loss.

There is one "category" -- Points! A multiplier is used to handicap each team up to the strongest folding team in the race (EVGA).

Since this favors small teams, over bigger teams, an adjustment is then made to the multiplier, which favors those teams with lower multipliers, proportionately.

I like this format! It will need tweaking as we get more actual race data (like any good handicapping method), but I like this! :clap:

CC_2013Handicapping.PNG

I've been rescued!

I'd like to announce my return to the forums!

Adak braved the waters alone and found me stranded on a lonely island somewhere in the middle of an unnamed sea.

I have a lot to catch up on, unfortunately real life got in the way but for some reason I am starting to get time for forums again.

I seen someone ask about the USS Poo Flinger, it is currently in a top secret facility where it's been getting a complete overhaul and upgrade for this years battle. It will arrive at our harbor on Monkey Island on an undisclosed date, we can't let the enemy see our top secret weapons after all ;)

Back