• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 1.3a overclock ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

This is my second post to the forum I would like some feed back regarding the oc potential of the 1.3a. I already have the chip in an msi mobo clocked at 1456, but I have orderd a new Vh6t to do some more serious oc'ing. I have read most of the threads regarding these chips but do not see any posts in the data base yet. From what I have read the 1.1a & 1.2a seem to be more oc friendly as they will supposedly reach higher fsb speeds when oc'ed. I also have an older p3 700e chip that I may do some testing on too. In my first post I was trying to get some answers on how much the slower fsb speeds would handicap my overall performance? I still do not fully understand or agree with what I have heard. The feedback is great here, Thanks for any help.

well upping the fsb ups the memory performance, agp performnce, pci performance...you get the idea? your chip at max will get you to 125-128fsb on air...now in cpu dependant prgorams youlld do better than most of us with 1.)As and 1.1As but in games and stuff youll need like a 200 mhz advatge in pure cpu speed ro make up...

Hmmm
I get a lot of reads but hardly any replies, are there that few oc'ers out there who have any experience with this chip or is it just a bad question ? It seems to me this would be a hot topic and there would be a lot of replies. Maybe by the time I get my new vh6t board, I will have more info. Thanks

that'z because majority there own 1.0~2, and hardly anyone with 1.3. anyway, it is best to keep your fsb as high as possible. just like what funny said, increase of fsb will have a profound impact on your whole system as a whole. High FSB with low mhz V.S. Low FSB with High mhz...go with the first one, as long as the gap is not that huge.

First off if you can use a decent HS like maybe the MCXC370 or AX7 you could possibly hit 1733MHZ/133fsb. My 1.2GHz almost runs at 1700MHz with only a older pal6035 and slow 20cfm panaflo. I would not rule out running that chip at 1733 with enough vcore but any vcore over 1.7v with air is going to be very hard to cool but you may do it. Like we have been saying though over and over you need better cooling than stock as also how to do a few simple mods to allow vcore increase possibly. Is is highly probable that your chip will not do 133fsb but not impossible. I run my chip @ 1.75~1.8GHz up from 1.2GHz so nothing is impossible.

ALso for games and such a high FSB is wanted. For other apps like MSWord, AOL, Bonzo Buddy,Minesweeper or IE you really do not need a HIGH FSB cause those apps rely more on clock speed. If you play games or encode mpegs or DIVX then higher FSB is wanted apparently.

Thanks guys for the input. I realize that I will need to work on cooling to reach any really high clock speeds. I,m not trying to get every last ounce of speed I can I just want to see how far I can go. This is just a hobby I could do everything I need to do on an old 233 pentium but thats no fun . When I finish this setup I may build a AMDxp something. Thats another forum though. Like I said I am just trying to see whats possible and then I will find a new project. Just foolin around for fun!! Thanks again

Back