• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That would be a 240 and 360 rad, EVO supremacy CPU block, Titan X Pascal waterblock and backplate (for a 1080ti). Pump/res combo, 5 vardar fans and misc fittings/connectors.

e09fc1192550119277dd31bd0edf8314.png
and this
10585771.jpeg
and this
8d8ff9921fdcaed9c88164b3c02ccfef.png
all arrived this morning.

The video card is an older model for a rather antiquated machine that was having issues with a new PCIE 3 card. Total cost for the 3 items $105 inc shipping. Thank you ebay.

Old FIRE!FIRE!FIRE! Extinguisher

Some may recognize this photo from the Ghetto HackShop...

IMG_3208.JPG

Note the Fire Extinguisher.
It has to be as old as this house:shock: built in the early seventies I believe...
And its full of something!!!

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Any FirePersons (active or retired) in our midst?
I have watched way too many antique roadshows, pawn shows and picker shows...
I've perused around some fire-fighting collectible sites, but can't find this exact unit!?
Wondering if its worth even trying. Comparable Stop Fire rigs are around $60. Maybe this is the Holy Grail of antique fire extinguishers???

And please yes, bring on the disparagement....

beavis-fir.jpg

Cheers

NOTE: The SwartHack actually had fire extinguishers in the house, just not one in the orafice. And got one to replace this ancient rig downstairs.

EDIT: Hey, just noticed!!!! Cool addition to my swatch! I like it? Thanks. BTW-OCF lounge daycare is accepting registration for upcoming classes....:cool:

Last edited:
For a second you had me at the edge of my seat of a early 1900s or late 1800s fire extinguisher. :p Something I'd see in the show, American Pickers. Really nice find nonetheless.

Some may recognize this photo from the Ghetto HackShop...

View attachment 189663

Note the Fire Extinguisher.
It has to be as old as this house:shock: built in the early seventies I believe...
And its full of something!!!

View attachment 189662

View attachment 189661

View attachment 189660

Any FirePersons (active or retired) in our midst?
I have watched way too many antique roadshows, pawn shows and picker shows...
I've perused around some fire-fighting collectible sites, but can't find this exact unit!?
Wondering if its worth even trying. Comparable Stop Fire rigs are around $60. Maybe this is the Holy Grail of antique fire extinguishers???

And please yes, bring on the disparagement....

View attachment 189659

Cheers

NOTE: The SwartHack actually had fire extinguishers in the house, just not one in the orafice. And got one to replace this ancient rig downstairs.

EDIT: Hey, just noticed!!!! Cool addition to my swatch! I like it? Thanks. BTW-OCF lounge daycare is accepting registration for upcoming classes....:cool:

Here's a similar Stop-Fire Inc. 1950s Extinguisher from the 1950s. The link suggests it was filled with Carbontetrachloride pressurized with dry air or nitrogen. Here's one similar to yours for sale on ebay.

FireExtinguisher.jpg

You should disassemble that and get a buddy who machines things to make a new top with an inlet/outlet, then replace the pressure gauge with a temperature gauge, and use it as a reservoir in a firefighter-themed build.

Whoa! :attn: I think that's a magnificent idea.

I thinik I would revise my suggestion and, instead of a temperature gauge, use a flow rate gauge. That'd be better, IMHO.

Actually, why not both!

I'm a bit of a fire buff and would love to see a amazing FF related themed rig. Maybe a vintage one and a more modern one.

Back