• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Didn't really care for TF, but I've played an enjoyed Warhammer 40k, witcher, half life, mirror's edge, starcraft, minecraft & PVZ.

I have to say those are some amazing folding numbers. Good grief! I'm probably pulling that much almost weekly. That's without the main rig crunching all the time of course or it would be about 500k+ in a 24 hr period, I think. That's x2 GTX 780 Classifieds and x2 GTX 760s combined. lol Lots of power being spent.

It's bigger brother cost me about 8500. At least now I can sell them as a matched set.:D (I'm not a professional mechanic, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn once)

:rofl:

I picked up the LG 43UH6100 4k2k TV today (well...ordered it yesterday from Amazon and it arrived today) to replace my 39" Seiki.

The Seiki 39" was working fine, I just wanted to see if there was as much of a difference between 30Hz and 60Hz as I'd heard.

The answer is, "Yes, for the most part."

Path of Exile certainly seems smoother and more vivid when "in motion" running around.

What I like about it so far:

1 - Because the "stand" for it is 2 support legs which are spread out, I can put my Sony 4k BD Player between them instead of placing it next to the TV like with the Seiki. This clears up some desktop space so I can put my NUC next to it connected to the Seiki.

2 - The picture is really really much better than the Seiki. I knew when I bought the Seiki that it wasn't a high end unit but it did fine for my database and MS Office work. I have no complaints about it at all, since it was purchased with productivity software as the main use. However, The LG is in another league as far as multimedia and gaming is concerned.

3 - I though a 43" screen would be just a tad too big but it really is nice. Unlike when I was using the Seiki 50" (Yes. I have both the 39 & 50 Seiki's) as a "monitor", I don't have to turn my head to look at one side of the screen.

4 - This may show how little I actually looked into the LG (other than verifying basic specs like 4k; 60Hz refresh; and chroma 4:4:4...) but when I connected it up and went to set the resolution, Windows gave me the option for 4096*2160 versus 3840*2160 on the Seiki. Evidently the LG is fully 4K 2K rather than UHD

Dislikes:

1 - No headphone jack on it

2 - It's not a dumb TV. It's a smart TV. I don't like smart TV's because I don't need any frigging "apps" on my damn TV! I have a phone for "apps". I have 4 damn computers for "apps" quit force-feeding me friggin APPS!!~~!~!@~!~!@#

That's about it for dislikes.

I've been playing POE on it since ~an hour into the new release of Prophecy and it's really really sweet.

I'd post a pic but my pictures are all of potato quality

Edited to add:

Surprisingly, my OG titans work great at 4k2k! I'd planned to run at 30Hz until I bought a new pair of the latest Titans but I also got a DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter and it works great!

Picked up an E5 2690 v1 for my old LGA 2011 v1 off of ebay. For about 15% of new price, figured it was worth a shot. Upgraded from a i7 3820.

Just installed it today and besides the gains to distributed computing I can seem to multitask better when the DC is running.

Nvidia didn't like the new chip, had to install different drivers.

So, not really much of a pic just showing a chip...
8 Core.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up the LG 43UH6100 4k2k TV today (well...ordered it yesterday from Amazon and it arrived today) to replace my 39" Seiki.

The Seiki 39" was working fine, I just wanted to see if there was as much of a difference between 30Hz and 60Hz as I'd heard.

The answer is, "Yes, for the most part."

Path of Exile certainly seems smoother and more vivid when "in motion" running around.

What I like about it so far:

1 - Because the "stand" for it is 2 support legs which are spread out, I can put my Sony 4k BD Player between them instead of placing it next to the TV like with the Seiki. This clears up some desktop space so I can put my NUC next to it connected to the Seiki.

2 - The picture is really really much better than the Seiki. I knew when I bought the Seiki that it wasn't a high end unit but it did fine for my database and MS Office work. I have no complaints about it at all, since it was purchased with productivity software as the main use. However, The LG is in another league as far as multimedia and gaming is concerned.

3 - I though a 43" screen would be just a tad too big but it really is nice. Unlike when I was using the Seiki 50" (Yes. I have both the 39 & 50 Seiki's) as a "monitor", I don't have to turn my head to look at one side of the screen.

4 - This may show how little I actually looked into the LG (other than verifying basic specs like 4k; 60Hz refresh; and chroma 4:4:4...) but when I connected it up and went to set the resolution, Windows gave me the option for 4096*2160 versus 3840*2160 on the Seiki. Evidently the LG is fully 4K 2K rather than UHD

Dislikes:

1 - No headphone jack on it

2 - It's not a dumb TV. It's a smart TV. I don't like smart TV's because I don't need any frigging "apps" on my damn TV! I have a phone for "apps". I have 4 damn computers for "apps" quit force-feeding me friggin APPS!!~~!~!@~!~!@#

That's about it for dislikes.

I've been playing POE on it since ~an hour into the new release of Prophecy and it's really really sweet.

I'd post a pic but my pictures are all of potato quality

Edited to add:

Surprisingly, my OG titans work great at 4k2k! I'd planned to run at 30Hz until I bought a new pair of the latest Titans but I also got a DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter and it works great!

you used the TV on ps4 or xbox ? actual panel 60hz had good income ? the input lag ? down? Thank you!

you used the TV on ps4 or xbox ? actual panel 60hz had good income ? the input lag ? down? Thank you!

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been gaming my *** off all weekend.

I haven't owned a console since PS1 (and that was only for GRID & FF VII) so I couldn't tell you how it works with them.

Yes, it's a 60Hz panel, and it works pretty sweet so far.

Team Dark 16Gb kit to replace the 8Gb G.Skill kit I have.
The white should look great in the mobo with the new case i built :)

Attachments

• 1465332616301.jpg
    1465332616301.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 145
Wdr4300 v1.7 to replace my finally failed Dlink DIR601 router.

This one is ddwrt compatible too!:thup:

Attachments

• 1465675439132.jpg
    1465675439132.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 120
Got this a couple days ago. Fantastic watch for the money. (Orient Mako II)

20160611_170633_HDR.jpg

edit: why's my picture sideways?

Attachments

• 20160611_170633_HDRR.jpg
    20160611_170633_HDRR.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 118
went to dinner with a friend that needed a new tv.
it just so happens that there is a steak and shake in Duluth with a microcenter just down the street, we'll never set foot in that steak and shake again.........
he got to see a bunch of stuff and I grabbed an asrock 970 extreme 3 R2.0 mother board and 8 gigs of evga ram so I can get my trusty little 965 back in action.

Got this a couple days ago. Fantastic watch for the money. (Orient Mako II)

edit: why's my picture sideways?

That is one nice looking Orient Bob. I have the orange bezel version, and like it a lot.

Caddi, Microcenter & Fry's are the only two places I visit around that area. That mall is just sad really. Hood in the burbs. :(

Back