• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got myself a little present finally. Been taking for years about upgrading and finally pulled the trigger.
i7 6700k
16GB of ram (G.Skill Ripsaw V PC4-24000)
ASRock Extreme 6 motherboard
Logitech MX Master (old mouse stated to fall with left clicks)

Added bonus was the new power supply
EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G2

Only reason I was getting a new one is my other power supply I'd shed and didn't want to affect my new rig. Though the PSU is oversized like my last. It should last for many many years.
IMG_4600.JPG

Got myself a little present finally. Been taking for years about upgrading and finally pulled the trigger.
i7 6700k
16GB of ram (G.Skill Ripsaw V PC4-24000)
ASRock Extreme 6 motherboard
Logitech MX Master (old mouse stated to fall with left clicks)

Added bonus was the new power supply
EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 G2

Only reason I was getting a new one is my other power supply I'd shed and didn't want to affect my new rig. Though the PSU is oversized like my last. It should last for many many years.
The goods look nice.:)I have Logitech THX speakers, I like them a lot. What made you decided to go with DDR 4 2400 speed?

The goods look nice.:)I have Logitech THX speakers, I like them a lot. What made you decided to go with DDR 4 2400 speed?

Correct DDR4-3000 CL14 (PC4 is the technical name)
Supposedly it might be the same ICs they use in 3600's as well. If not it also might hit 3200 speed with same settings. For a few bucks saved figured I'd take a gamble :)

Correct DDR4-3000 CL14 (PC4 is the technical name)
Supposedly it might be the same ICs they use in 3600's as well. If not it also might hit 3200 speed with same settings. For a few bucks saved figured I'd take a gamble :)

Sounds like a good gamble.:) Maybe you could do build post then we can see.

Ahhh.....I'm in Singapore as well, and yes, I've been to Decibel as well. You should head on to another mall (well sorta) that specializes in low to hogh end audio gear from earphones to TOTL speakers, these can be found in Adelphi, at 1 Coleman Street. There are some earphone and headphone shops you can go to to try out some of the cans available here. SLS (Sim Lim Square) is more known for computer hardware and peripherals, there' are some game shops there as well....:thup:

Edit - Sorry I've not been around to participate in the thread, I've been just too busy enjoying gaming and movies on this new monitor I'd gotten....:D

Thanks, but sadly I didn't get a chance to get there. The only reason I could do some exploring earlier in the trip is because we were waiting on a site permit. By the time I saw your post we'd gotten the permit we were putting in ~12 hour days to get enough done that I could fly back to the US, and after spending that much time in 35C heat at 90+% humidity the last thing I wanted to do is go shopping.

I did however order a set of Dt770s and a hardshell case - thanks everyone that posted in my thread.

UjxvJqth.jpg

I got a Phobya 4 port fan controller off modmymods yesterday to replace the nzxt grid+ that would not work correctly. My case has room for 4 120's and I use 3 minus the top fan. My aio is plugged to the board. I had to cut a slot in the front door to accommodate the knobs but you can't see it when it's closed. All my led's are blue strangely. If I ever do any upgrades, hd, etc., I'll attach the temp sensors which are plugged in but not placed yet. PC hums at about 1600rpm. Atuning gives me 111°F cpu with the aio at full speed. Works so much better than the grid+ nightmare.
front.jpg leds.jpg
I use Web electrostatic vent filters x2, cut to size on the front intake but would recommend them for any pc air filtration needs. You can't see that either as the 'web filter' sits behind the essentially useless filter the case came with.
Image 001.jpg

Last edited:
Errr...I got a 5th 3D Printer so I guess that means I can print in 15 dimensions now, right?

I picked up a Flash Forge Creator Pro (It's the updated 2015 version of my older Creator X)

Took about 15 minutes to set it up and here's my first test print. The traffic cone, which tests

1 - dual-strusion (Using both extruders)
2 - dimensionality (Do layers printed from different extruders "line up" properly with each other)
3 - bed leveling (printing without a "raft" indicates a well-leveled print bed)
4 - Layer adhesion strength (If you can easily "break" the part, the layers are not adhering to each other well enough or are cooling down too quickly between layers so the later layers aren't adhering to the earlier ones)

unnamed.jpg

Now...the difference between this one and the older model are small.

Different spool holders
front door (hinged) and side covers where there are open spaces on the old version
an acrylic "hood" to assist in holding in the heat and keeping out drafts

The last 2 differences are, imho, a big improvement over the old model because I had to make those mods myself on my old printer.

Other differences...

I have to preface this with the following:

I purchased this one because of the reliability, ease of use, and performance of the older version. I have a $1200 Rostock V3, a $2500 Replicator 2 (my first 3D printer) and the Monoprice Select Mini in addition to the older Creator X

My initial experience with the older Flash Forge was absolutely atrocious. It took a lotta time to get it lined out. It arrived damaged due to poor packing of the parts, a bent build plate, bent screws, etc...I contacted the company and got a replacement bed (free), all new mounting screws, and all other associated hardware. The company provided INCREDIBLE customer support. I have never experienced better support after the sale than when I was going through the process of correcting the deficiencies on the old Flash Forge Creator X printer

That said, I experience nothing like that with this printer. It was incredibly well packed with the individual parts logically laid out and well protected. The manuals were clear, concise, and had relatively few instances of poor translations.

Now...with all the praise out of the way...I present to you the deficiencies:

1 - The spool holders it ships with are designed to accept only Flash Forge branded spools

This is actually easy to correct by printing universal ones (which I'm doing as I type this)

2 - the "hood" should be ~2" taller because the tubes containing the filament hit the "roof" of the hood when printing towards the back of the build plate.

I can correct this as well by removing it and using the "cardboard box" hood from my old one, :D

Overall Verdict ...Best 3D printer I ever bought

For me to make that call after it being out of the shipping box for less than 3 hours shows how well it is working thus far.

Edited to add 2 more pics:
(Common Access Card Holder and Universal Spool Holders)
untitled.png 2untitled.png

Last edited:
got my 1060 extreme gaming 6G in the mail yesterday pretty neat card could even change the LED to match my color scheme.
pc.jpg

Got a couple of new toys. I’ve been following some interesting storage reviews including Joe’s review of the Toshiba RD400A NVMe drive from June. And the speed bug hit. Didn't need it, no real world use for it. Thanks Joe.

I ordered an MSI Z97 Krait MB to have access to the NVMe chipset/drivers required to use the drive as a boot drive. I went cheap on the MB but it’s tracking along quite smoothly at 4GHz, won’t use it for benching anyway. So wow. Boot times are nothing I thought I’d see in my lifetime.

MSI Z97 Krait.jpg RD400.jpg RD400.png

As you can see in Crystal, it rocks.

Added ATTO:

RD400 ATTO.png

Last edited:
Got a couple of new toys. I’ve been following some interesting storage reviews including Joe’s review of the Toshiba RD400A NVMe drive from June. And the speed bug hit. Didn't need it, no real world use for it. Thanks Joe.

I ordered an MSI Z97 Krait MB to have access to the NVMe chipset/drivers required to use the drive as a boot drive. I went cheap on the MB but it’s tracking along quite smoothly at 4GHz, won’t use it for benching anyway. So wow. Boot times are nothing I thought I’d see in my lifetime.

As you can see in Crystal, it rocks.

Looks like a good setup and ok overclock.:)

^^ The Amazon deal on the RD400 is the same one I purchased as above.

Yep. I was looking for a setup that had an M.2 and the adapter card packaged together, and your post pointed me at that product.

I got the (2) 8TB drives to replace (3) 4TB drives on my box that are at around 90% full. I wanted 10TB ones but I couldn't find any that were eligible for delivery tomorrow via overnight shipping.

You could store a T-Rex and his lunchbox! LOL

Interesting note concerning those 8TB Drives and the Maximus Hero VII board I use...Only the Intel SATA controller will recognize them. The Marvell (?) controller for the other 4 SATA ports will not see them properly so they will not format at all.

First one was installed on the port controlled by the Intel chipset and the other one was on the Marvell and the second would not format. Once I realized that it was a chipset issue I swapped drive bays (I have the obsidian with hot swap bays) and the second drive was able to be formatted and has worked fine.

I just moved my lower capacity (Two 4Tb Drives) drives to the Marvel controlled ports.

Back