• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

This is fine for most, but my goal is to run TW3 (and all equivalent demanding games) with hairworks on, 1440P @ at least 96Hz at all times. my 2 980's just fell a bit short with hairworks on. Hairworks off it was fine. I will be upgrading my main screen to an IPS 144Hz G-Sync, so to run at a refresh rate that high, will require some uber horsepower.

BTW these things really do kick the 980's ***. They're exactly what I needed/wanted :clap:

I bought a Macbook Pro 13 with a 256gb flash drive. I know people are going to hate but honestly apple makes the best quality laptops on the market with respects to build design and battery life. I use this for all my music needs on the go which is awesome! The apple ecosystem is pretty cool with my iphone/imessage all working together.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

Did you snag it from the guy on [H] that was selling 2 of those? Pretty amazing cards for sure, I hope it scales well with cold :)

Did you snag it from the guy on [H] that was selling 2 of those? Pretty amazing cards for sure, I hope it scales well with cold :)

Actually a new deal, not used.
I got mine for cheaper than his used ones.

I'm hoping it scales well on cold air too!

Got all my parts for my system upgrade post a few days ago:
-i5-4690k
-16GB of G.Skill Ram
-ASRock Z97 Anniversary Motherboard
-New case fan

fQT7IyS.jpg

Annnddd, everything all installed! Gotta admit, this case is terrible for cable management.... so ignore the birds nest of wires.

SWWDQid.jpg

Before Upgrade:
AMD Phenom x2 555
4gb Ram
gtx 480

Passmark = 1743

After Upgrade:

Passmark = 4345

I'd say that's a pretty good performance boost! I am one happy camper.

Yes, nice upgrade! Now all you gotta do is save up for a CPU cooler (Hyper 212+ comes to mind) and a newer GPU down the road. You're pretty much set anyways atm. Those GTX 480s truck along just fine and have unlimited warranty. ;)

Yes, nice upgrade! Now all you gotta do is save up for a CPU cooler (Hyper 212+ comes to mind) and a newer GPU down the road. You're pretty much set anyways atm. Those GTX 480s truck along just fine and have unlimited warranty. ;)

As soon as I get some $$$ Ill probably grab a H100i or equivalent and a case with a place for a top mount rad. Then I can finally do some overclocking!

And I love my 480 haha. Shes a powerhouse for her age. Runs a touch hot, but that's fine considering Canadian weather

Back