• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Building a home server that will be a CentOS development host as well as NAS for my home office.

Athlon 5350/ASRock AM1B-ITX combo with 16GB RAM, 3x2TB Toshiba drives, in a tweaked Cooler Master Elite 130 case. I removed the 5.25" external tray and side hard drive mount, and mounted a spare, modular 3 drive cage left over from my Fractal R5 case. The Elite case needed a few new mounting holes drilled. The case fan blows intake air right a cross the drives, which was a nice benefit.

The power efficiency and value of the 5350 quad core ($40 Microcenter bundle with the ITX motherboard) is amazing. The whole build is extremely quiet and sips a bare minimum of power.

IMG_20160512_010443[1].jpg

Got a 7x7x7 cube and make it look like this:

mixed.jpg

Then I made it look like this, without taking it apart first (or after for that matter):

fixed.jpg

Do this one next.

That one runs about $300! http://www.amazon.com/13x13x13-Puzz...=UTF8&qid=1463689454&sr=8-4&keywords=13x13x13

I've seen it advertised as the largest, but it isn't anymore.

You have to get it 3D printed though: http://www.shapeways.com/product/8Z... Ll_f8QjfnyOMtQMGViBmYQBtZsUGI8HoHRoCOoTw_wcB

Though someone made a 28x28x28

Edit: correction, that is a 13x13x13 with stickers made to make it look like there are more squares.

Well, I'm extremely impressed! I haven't taken the time to get my 3x3x3 cube back to normal, and am not sure I could without looking up how to do it.

...now do it in 2:40. :p

Similar process to what I use, but different algorithms.

Last edited:
My neighbour found the right RIT colours in another Michaels store!

2tsp of each colour + 1 cup of water = light aquamarine for the mayhems ultraclear tubing i bought!!

Attachments

• 1463783423206.jpg
    1463783423206.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 94
Back