• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 7 of them. They are very efficient but pretty loud. Spinning at 2400 rpm they are quieter than most but still very loud. And at 2o percent they shut off so 25 percent is as low as you can run them which is 600 rpm they are pretty quiet up until you get to 1500 rpm then they get loud as hell. But if you aren't careful and turn them up to max the front end of your case will lift off the desk.

But.... it's 100% faster for mobile devices.... :rofl:

*not making fun of your purchase, I just find advertising amusing and ridiculous.

That's a terrible comment and you should feel bad!

Nah, always laugh about claims like that. But it's not mobile device performance I'm worried about, got a few Fire TVs last week and one of them is just at the edge of the range of my current router - a Linksys e4200, and a Steam Link that runs fine most of the time but will occasionally hiccup. Also at least one user has a problem where his ipad and laptop will both drop connections and take upwards of 10 seconds to reconnect (haven't seen this myself). So I probably could've gotten away with any fairly current AC router with external antennas.

If it makes you happy, no regerts!

Hey, that's borderline rape-y :D

PSX_20170112_105338.jpg

Finally got a 2.5" drive to 3.5" adapter that puts the SATA connector in the right place. Been wanting one for a while so I can more easily put 2.5" drives in NAS style enclosures.

484759a2173c0a21b4b57a632339dd58.png h_gfx_pic.jpg

Zotac gtx 750 ti and a 15' HDMI cable to replace an ageing 7300GS in a Media Server, the 7300 GS wont recognize the 1080 capabilities of the living room TV limiting it to 720 over VGA.

You could also just got one of those ultra low end cards which would have done the trick. I stuck a $10 5450 in my htpc and works fine for 1080p over hdmi.

Needed a true single-slot (including heatsink) low-profile GPU for a tiny ITX box. This one has the full complement of GT 730 CUDA cores, 384, and even 2GB GDDR5! I comes with the low profile bracket, which took a minute or two to attach, works very well and is quiet. The pale blue color is certainly different.

GT 730.jpg

Media server is in a server case so no space issues, I already have a 750 Ti in another machine and I liked it and its capabilities. It'll also be used for casual gaming by the rest of the family so a bit more oomph than a low end could provide was required.

After almost TWO MONTHS of waiting, I finally got my GPU waterblock this weekend... apparently ordering a niche product from Slovenia takes some time...

watercooling stuff.jpg

Should be able to start up the full build again soon.

I got a new Onyx (version 7) heated build plate for my Romax V2 to replace the convex-shaped one it came with. I didn't discover the original came with a warped plate because I waited 2yrs to build it, lol.

So the replacement arrived Friday afternoon and I got to work soldering to get it ready to install and when I checked it for flatness it was also convex-shaped...sigh...

SeeMeCNC_ONYX_rev5_large.jpg

I got a new Onyx (version 7) heated build plate for my Romax V2 to replace the convex-shaped one it came with. I didn't discover the original came with a warped plate because I waited 2yrs to build it, lol.

So the replacement arrived Friday afternoon and I got to work soldering to get it ready to install and when I checked it for flatness it was also convex-shaped...sigh...

Really, two in a row? And there isn't a way to bend it so it is flat?

Well I've consolidated some Amazon gift codes from the holidays, and since I've been eyeing cheap 2-in-1s for a while now...

TpLz3Xvh.jpg

HrUSKQQh.jpg

After my old MSI Wind went to the big electronic storage bin in the sky, I've been meaning to get another small, bang it around and leave it in the car overnight beater computer with good battery life. Wasn't expecting rox-my-sox performance, or any performance for that matter, but I've been playing around with if for half an hour now and for an Atom with 2GB ram running Win10 off of eMMC, it's not half bad. I mean I'm not tossing my GS60 in the classys and using this as my primary road PC, but for times when I want to do some basic computing that's outside the realm of my smartphone it's a lot easier to keep this thing on hand.

Got this used R500DV with an Ivy i7 3630QM quad on the cheap (€300) and threw in an evo 750/250GB SSD. Battery was replaced 6 months ago.

After full cleaning and TIM change, it boosts on the 4 cores between 3.2 and 3.4GHz constant (P95 blend) with temps in the 80's.

GPU is on the entry level (GT610m), but the purpose is not gaming.

It is actually an amazing tool to work with!

IMG_20170118_143020.jpg

I got these for Christmas from my wife after buying them myself for a Black Friday deal - Klipsch R6 Earphones (Not the ones with the in-line remote, which were another $20 and not worth it to me.)

R6-Black-Square-v02.jpg
(Photo courtesy Klipsch)

These are the first 'high end' headphones I've had, though I've listened to several in the sub-$100 range. Sony's were too bass heavy. Bose's were too...flat? hollow? Not flat as in a good EQ kind of flat, but flat like all Bose speakers, IMHO. If you know what I'm talking about, you get my opinion; if you don't, I probably sound crazy.

These hit the sweet spot and I love them. The music just pops in a way my $30 Skull Candy earbuds never could. Also, never have I had earth shattering bass right in my ear. (For instance, the bass in The Crystal Method's Trip Like I Do.) It's a disconcerting feeling really...my body isn't shaking like it feels it should with a good subwoofer, but you can hear what a good subwoofer would be recreating. It's interesting cognitive dissonance.

I'll never be the type to spend hundreds of dollars on a set of cans -especially when I'd just be plugging them into a phone!- but these are surprisingly high quality for the price, especially when I got them for only $40 on Black Friday!

EDIT - Another really surprising thing about them is that the hole where the sound comes out is tiny. The ones in cheaper headphones can be quite large, but this one is about the width of the metal on a paperclip. The sound is huge though.

Last edited:
Back