• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bose's were too...flat? hollow? Not flat as in a good EQ kind of flat, but flat like all Bose speakers, IMHO. If you know what I'm talking about, you get my opinion; if you don't, I probably sound crazy.

Been there, heard that. Won't go back.

Glad you're liking those headphones :)

These are the first 'high end' headphones I've had, though I've listened to several in the sub-$100 range. Sony's were too bass heavy. Bose's were too...flat? hollow? Not flat as in a good EQ kind of flat, but flat like all Bose speakers, IMHO. If you know what I'm talking about, you get my opinion; if you don't, I probably sound crazy.

I'm not sure *exactly* but I have an idea. Been driving around in a Ford Expedition Limited for work, and the stereo sounds kind of like what you're describing - no real mids, boring highs, and bass sounds like it's coming from a sub driven by a set of AA batteries, same result. Hollow, and I guess it can also be described as flat.

Funny part about that last bit? It's a Sony speaker system :D

I'm not sure *exactly* but I have an idea. Been driving around in a Ford Expedition Limited for work, and the stereo sounds kind of like what you're describing - no real mids, boring highs, and bass sounds like it's coming from a sub driven by a set of AA batteries, same result. Hollow, and I guess it can also be described as flat.

Funny part about that last bit? It's a Sony speaker system :D

Sounds typical of Sony speakers... the ones in my truck (were in it when I bought it, I'm changing them some day) are terribad.

Glad the WRX I bought had the Harmon Kardon package, won't be changing that one!

Bose's were too...flat? hollow? Not flat as in a good EQ kind of flat, but flat like all Bose speakers, IMHO. If you know what I'm talking about, you get my opinion;

"No highs, no lows-must be Blose!" Yeah, I've got a fair idea what you're referring to. LOL Got in to a discussion with a guy at hh gregg one time and he tried to convince me I should get rid of my Paradigm Studio 60s and get some Bose 901s. I passed on that.

"No highs, no lows-must be Blose!" Yeah, I've got a fair idea what you're referring to. LOL Got in to a discussion with a guy at hh gregg one time and he tried to convince me I should get rid of my Paradigm Studio 60s and get some Bose 901s. I passed on that.

Lulz! Glad I'm not alone. :D

I'm adding these headphones to a home theater with all Klipsch speakers. I've been happy with those for over 15 years now, so I figured the headphones wouldn't do me wrong.

I got these for Christmas from my wife after buying them myself for a Black Friday deal - Klipsch R6 Earphones (Not the ones with the in-line remote, which were another $20 and not worth it to me.)

R6-Black-Square-v02.jpg
(Photo courtesy Klipsch)

I'll never be the type to spend hundreds of dollars on a set of cans -especially when I'd just be plugging them into a phone!- but these are surprisingly high quality for the price, especially when I got them for only $40 on Black Friday!

Nice deal. I have a set of the older R4's love them.

The headlamp on the bottom is one my wife stuffed a stocking with a year ago and I've used it almost every time I've had a tool in my hands and more. Very handy (or free-handy) little tool. So I spotted the top one today and upgraded, 700 lumens, rechargeable batteries, zoom. What's not to like?

headlamps.jpg

And for grins, this is a buck I spotted this morning, late grazing due to the weather.

buck.jpg

So I spotted the top one today and upgraded, 700 lumens, rechargeable batteries, zoom. What's not to like?

View attachment 187272

That's one strong light. I have a 200 and 500 lumen Surefire flashlights. I can only imagine what that 700 lumen is like. 500 will send you black spots if you take a direct beam for a couple seconds.

The headlamp on the bottom is one my wife stuffed a stocking with a year ago and I've used it almost every time I've had a tool in my hands and more. Very handy (or free-handy) little tool. So I spotted the top one today and upgraded, 700 lumens, rechargeable batteries, zoom. What's not to like?

The wife and I use headlamps when we go Hiking/Backpacking. They're very handy at the house too. The only issue I would have with the larger one would be weight for backpacking. Otherwise brighter is always better, right?

Got this little beauty earlier in the week

norovirus-collection.jpg

Norovirus, haven't been this sick since I don't know when.

Surprisingly light weight. I can't say I've done more than compare the weight in hand with a cup of coffee in the other and they're about the same. I forgot to mention, it has three light settings, 150 lm, 400 lm, and 700 lm. It also came with some hardhat clips so you get an idea of the target market.

Really, two in a row? And there isn't a way to bend it so it is flat?

Yeah you would think there's a way to do it without messing up the traces that heat the bed. I asked on their forums but I find I'm having to spend more time explaining what "flat" is and how one determines if something is "flat" than discussing different methods for making it flat. lol.

Yeah you would think there's a way to do it without messing up the traces that heat the bed. I asked on their forums but I find I'm having to spend more time explaining what "flat" is and how one determines if something is "flat" than discussing different methods for making it flat. lol.

Kinda like "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is." lol

Back