• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I got a Apple Imac 5k... and will be returning.

Disclaimer: I'm staying at my in-laws house for 10 days and got bored with just a Surface 3 Pro and no gaming so I went to best buy thinking screw it I'll buy some $400-600 PC grab a 960 and a play some games. Well first thing I noticed was no good video cards in the store. So figured what the hell I'll spend a few bucks more and get whatever they have in stock and just leave it here for when I visit. NOTHING that I could game on was in the damn store. Its then I notice this fancy Imac 5k.. So I google how to run windows seems easy enough. I convince myself the 3k is only a little more then the 600-800 I was planning on wasting.. The damn this overheats, cpu throttles fan sounds like a jet... this thing is crap thank god I can return within 15 days

imac.png

The question is, why did you get a mac. How did you go from, i'll buy a PC, to i'll buy a crap oversize laptop for triple the amount? That path must contain unseen riddles and quests where a black out is non optional!

Last edited:
Picked up a Puig Universal windscreen and I am really happy with its performance. Wind buffeting is hardly even noticeable now.

Attachments

• PuhzUfg.jpg
    PuhzUfg.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 194
The question is, why did you get a mac. How did you go from, i'll buy a PC, to i'll buy a crap oversize laptop for triple the amount? That path must contain unseen riddles and quests where a black out is non optional!

I'm going to check with my Dr and see if I have any Brain tumors or something :)

I just got me some vinyl sticker today, i love stickers :) will make some more tomorrow, running out of ink

View attachment 163899

Very nice OCF stickers!!!

I also got a box full of old cards, NIC and modem, old GPU's and loads and loads of DDR and a stick of DDR2 lol.
I'm in old hardware heaven :)
IMG_20150524_091847[1].jpg
Best GPU in here I think is this card, it's a Nvidia, but there's no model # on it.
Samsung memory though, maybe I can bench it??
IMG_20150524_092939[1].jpg IMG_20150524_092954[1].jpg

Lol I was gonna suggest posting it on Classic Platforms, but no need as many of those dudes are hanging out here too. That still would be about the best resource when you start looking into benching it.

GL!

Back