• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's together enough to take it to the upholstery guys Saturday.
I have been thinking I'll cover it in cow hide but, the upholstery guys say that with the front and back surfaces being so broken up it's just going to look all wrong, he has a couple of hides on the shelf so we will mock it up and see.
if that is not going to work I'll just shoot the inside in neon pink and the outside in electric blue and it will kind of match my air 240 and 540 cases, if you go look in the classies it's fire engine red, just grey to me, I don't see red, yellow or green, but they keep telling that by injecting this pureed baboon sperm in my eyes once a month I might get to see my lawn green and not grey one of these years!!!
it's really nice to work with a quality case, holes line up and stuff actually fits for once.
there are a few changes I would make but, they are not that big of a deal.
I'd move the power and reset buttons to the center of the front panel so if you rotate the front panel they would not wind up down at the floor.
I would also delete the two fan ports on the rear panel, in favor of having the two psus next to each other at the bottom center of the rear but, that would force horizontal mounting of the motherboard.

Barely used Razer Kraken Chroma headset 7.1 for free to go with my Mouse and KB. Been using the Logitech G430. Which I really like a lot but I'll give it a try. And another white pci-e cable for my Ftw. Was using a single with dual 8 pins, got one of these couple weeks ago but still didn't like having one with a dual 8 pin that I had to hide so now I can finally have it look a little cleaner. Not sure when I'll get around to using the headset really I love mine.

IMG_4026.JPG

some third party printer ink, got all the carts for less than the price one oem hp black cart
only tested the black so far and its working fine

3UEeYXm.jpg

Picked up a used Surface 3 Pro I5 128 gig model for my daughter. $200.00 CAD because it has a cracked screen. Can you see it?
Tempered glass screen protector for $14.00 CAD.
Keyboard on Kijiji (think Craigslist) for $80.00 CAD. (Damn those things are pricey. Brought him down form 100 bucks and they retail for 169.00)

Not bad when Microsoft is selling refurbs for $960.00 plus tax, no keyboard, no protector.

Surface 3.jpg

This will replace her crappy ASUS transformer. What a waste of money that thing was.

it's together enough to take it to the upholstery guys Saturday.
I have been thinking I'll cover it in cow hide but, the upholstery guys say that with the front and back surfaces being so broken up it's just going to look all wrong, he has a couple of hides on the shelf so we will mock it up and see.
if that is not going to work I'll just shoot the inside in neon pink and the outside in electric blue and it will kind of match my air 240 and 540 cases, if you go look in the classies it's fire engine red, just grey to me, I don't see red, yellow or green, but they keep telling that by injecting this pureed baboon sperm in my eyes once a month I might get to see my lawn green and not grey one of these years!!!
it's really nice to work with a quality case, holes line up and stuff actually fits for once.
there are a few changes I would make but, they are not that big of a deal.
I'd move the power and reset buttons to the center of the front panel so if you rotate the front panel they would not wind up down at the floor.
I would also delete the two fan ports on the rear panel, in favor of having the two psus next to each other at the bottom center of the rear but, that would force horizontal mounting of the motherboard.
Glad you like it CD, it really is a great case for doing a custom build. BUT
:pics:

Well, I'm switching from the 18Mbps from Uverse to the 75Mbps service from Xfinity so if I don't see an improvement heads will roll. :)

Well, I'm switching from the 18Mbps from Uverse to the 75Mbps service from Xfinity so if I don't see an improvement heads will roll. :)

You surely will feel the difference. :D For us, a added $10 for Boost on top of that line got us to 125 Mbps. Just hopeful one day we'll get upgraded to 1 Gbps in that price range.

I'm only posting this so that if I all of a sudden stop posting, you guys know it's because I died in a house fire caused by this thing.

9tk8ZVuh.jpg

Small "Hi-Fi" 20wpc amp with built in FM, bluetooth, and can read MP3s off a MicroSD card or flash drive. Have a set of Sony SS-B1000s laying around, gonna try to see if I can get audio over bluetooth in the kitchen from a Fire TV in the bedroom. That gives me trouble I'll simply toss some music on a small MicroSD card. Small stereo amp? $25. 12v 5a power brick? $10. Opening the package and getting that golden whiff of cheap, cancer causing electronics? Priceless.

Back