• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:D
Here's a similar Stop-Fire Inc. 1950s Extinguisher from the 1950s. The link suggests it was filled with Carbontetrachloride pressurized with dry air or nitrogen.
:shock: wonder what that decomposes too after 50 years???!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_tetrachloride

...just making certain an adequate replacement is being considered!
Yes of course, but never been hesitant to **** on a fire when necessary...

I thinik I would revise my suggestion and, instead of a temperature gauge, use a flow rate gauge. That'd be better, IMHO.

Actually, why not both! I'm a bit of a fire buff and would love to see a amazing FF related themed rig. Maybe a vintage one and a more modern one.

So yeah,around $50 merican. Thanks for all the feedback and info!

I am not inclined to start a new build anytime soon, but that would be way cool. I am inclined to offer this up to anyone who may be inclined:cool:
No worries on the $50, just pay for shipping. I assume I want to empty it somehow, before doing something like that:confused:
PM me if interested. Otherwise just gonna hang on to it for now. But still want to empty it!!

Any advice?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_tetrachloride

EDIT: advice on emptying the unit:D

Saludos

Last edited:
couple more pieces to the water cooled build arrived. The egg ended up sending me the wrong RAM (3000 RGB instead of 3866 Trident Z) But I might keep it and take a credit just to see how it clocks. Havent decided yet.

IMG_20170329_193403_zpsmjytsobk.jpg

Yesterday I had a few things come in.

First up is a Bluetooth dongle so I can use my BT headphone with my desktop too.

20170404_183313.jpg

I also got a full rain suit for my ride to D.C. for the Rolling Thunder ride next month. Included are jacket, pants, boots, and warm gloves with waterproof liners.

20170404_183250.jpg

I bought that same BT Adapter a few months ago! Works great so far! Only typical minor BT/Win7 Syncing issues here and there. Unplugging and re-plugging seems to have solved all of that thought so far.

Not today but over the past week......

First up was a new Test Bench which was made by one of our long time memebers here.........Navig a Senior Case Master.....

I really like the detail he put into this bench, everything is custom fitted and painted to match my office furniture......

20170409_114555 (Small).jpg

Power switches with LED lighting.....

20170409_114705_001 (Small).jpg

Brackets for SSD and Spinner which will mount vertically...

20170409_114644_001 (Small).jpg

Custom side panel with a 360 Rad mount bracket for added water cooling should I go that route....

20170409_114751_001 (Small).jpg

Haha - yeah!

The stock cooler is much better on this compared to my Titan X Pascal cards...keeps it way cooler.

Not new as in "I got them today" but new as in I actually found a use for them. I actually managed to run out of space on my 4TB Black. Cannabalized the WD RE drives from a NAS I gave up on a while back - 8TB after RAID5 and formatting, it's a beautiful thing.

Ws5i6bC.png

Here's a pic of my drive setup on my media server. Drive C is a 240GB SSD boot, D is a data drive, Drive H is 2x480GB SSDs in RAID 0, drives J-M are mirrors of drives N-Q, drive u is a network share from my htpc.

071338804518aa8f2724957f4cdee20b.png

Back