• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the Chromebook laptop. What can you do with it?

Basically anything on the internet. It's definitely not meant for things like image/video editing / gaming, etc. It's more for productivity (think google docs) and browsing the internet/watching videos/etc. It's super light and the battery lasts 10+ hours. If you write for a living (I don't, but my wife does) and your employer uses google docs for business, it's literally all the computer you need; with the one catch that it basically -needs- wifi to be effective. (Which pretty much anyone can do on their phone in a pinch.)

If you're into the whole weather hobby, have a look at these sensors. These are the more affordable ones versus the other weather stations that have been around for a while like Davis.

I've been using the WS-1001-WIFI for almost 3 years now. No complaints here.
Been looking at those for a while now, just haven't bit yet.
I'm a Weatherunderground junkie. Been using that site for years.

:thup: Been broadcasting on there for years now. Haven't been on there in a while but the data's always there. :D

Basically anything on the internet. It's definitely not meant for things like image/video editing / gaming, etc. It's more for productivity (think google docs) and browsing the internet/watching videos/etc. It's super light and the battery lasts 10+ hours. If you write for a living (I don't, but my wife does) and your employer uses google docs for business, it's literally all the computer you need; with the one catch that it basically -needs- wifi to be effective. (Which pretty much anyone can do on their phone in a pinch.)

Interesting, can you do anything not connected to the internet?

Am I just loking in the wrong places or have you been scarce for a couple years? Either way, good to "see" you. :clap:

I'm around, just mostly in the background. I haven't overclocked a computer in a couple of years though. Life took over and my high performance computing time turned into coaching sports, photography & toying with smartphones in my spare time. I can generally be found lurking in those sub-forums. :cool:

:facepalm: I did not realize you did not have a complete setup for this yet. What is your ETA on the rest of the system?

Not sure... A few months at most. Basically looking for a good deal on a good mobo now. Then i need to get a cpu block since ill be watercooling this chip!

Waiting for Zen and big VEGA before I'd consider building yet another rig. Meanwhile, bought myself an LG V20 and UAG case for the badboy a few days ago.
LG%20V20_zpsionjr8gt.jpg
What use is a phone without enough storage space? Bought a Sandisk 200GB mSD card, a premium fingerprint resistant screen protector (not shown) and a Spigen Tough Armor case, I like that it has a pull out stand that props the phone in a nice movie watching position. The stand is that grey part on the case....
DSC_0323_zpsnnsmsze0.jpg

I thought I was the only weather junkie on OCF. Any weather related tech is fantastic. The ex gave me one years ago and it was a blast to play with.

That one is long gone but I do have two smaller La Crosse units.

I wonder if one could use a Raspberry Pi with a La Crosse?

Back