• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New old stock (still shrink wrapped) Verbatim 5.25 inch floppies dated 1994. Bought em' mostly for posterity but if I find a retro/vintage computer that strikes my fancy they may come in handy.

G1ztlTC.jpg

today's haul...

New GPU, will step up toti when AIB available from EVGA, m2, 28" 4Kdisplay, Nice hsf (go back to air, as the 5820k is a prod achine, among aothers now, and can't afford dowtime...), x99 fatality and some bits and bobs...
25042017haul.jpg

Scored some swag today. Friend of mine was cleaning his office out and called me to take some junk away, so I figured why not. I might find something worthwhile so I drove over. This is what I found;

2 working laptops with chargers. Both Dell Inspirons E1705
Working AMD tower with an AMD chip and an MSI board
A 17" AOC Monitor
Microsoft keyboard and mouse
And an HP all-in-one HP2710

Everything works! Not too shabby for freebies! :D

Attachments

• DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 178
Large screen TVs are ridiculously cheap these days. My 52" plasma in the living room cost $800 about 5 years ago, it looks as if I'm going to be pleased when it finally dies.

Package took a little bit of damage, but the contents seem to be ok:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I extremely rarely buy any console (My newest one prior to this is a Gameboy Advance (2002) and an original Xbox)

But I was feeling splurgy, the prices of them were down to MSRP finally and I wanted to play the new pokemon with mah friends and perhaps move over some hacked ones from my computer so I figured what the hell...

CJGTT2U.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the build quality. Nintendo makes good stuff, my aforementioned Game Boy Advance is ~15 years old and still works perfectly as well as my Game Boy Color (1993?). It's got 3 cameras, one of which can take these weird 3d photos, wifi connectivity, a microphone, a web browser, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. Mmm.

Got a clock kit from China in the mail this morning. I didn't realize when I ordered it that it was SMD chips, those I can handle and I breathed a certain amount of relief when I saw that the passive components were not SMD. Those things are a bugger to solder when you have failing eyesight.

f43263d807f25f6ee79aac7417889648.png

What it should look like when completed, the alarm sounds are downloadable to the clock as MP3 files.

Got a clock kit from China in the mail this morning. I didn't realize when I ordered it that it was SMD chips, those I can handle and I breathed a certain amount of relief when I saw that the passive components were not SMD. Those things are a bugger to solder when you have failing eyesight.

View attachment 190809

What it should look like when completed, the alarm sounds are downloadable to the clock as MP3 files.

1) way cool

2) seems like something you could do with a raspberry pi and have more than the clock function - like a radio or news broadcast. Im just curious how the cost stacks up, not trying to rain on your project. I fully realize how nice a pre-built kit is to have instead of hunting down each piece and brute forcing them into a pleasing configuration.

3) way cool :)

View attachment 190809

WHen does your invite to the White House arrive? :chair:

Back