• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Asus Commando is a LGA775 w/DDR2 and a Q6600. Still have it in a case ready to go if I ever need a quick backup system. I might make it into a FreeNAS server.

My Maximus II Gene has 8 GB of RAM, consisting of mixed brands with the VDIMM voltage bumped to 1.90 V for a precaution and it's stable in all tests I ran on it.

10-rounds Linpack stable.

OTOH, my 2014 FX 8350 may have a faulty IMC, I cannot complete 10 rounds of Intel Burn Test, apparently keep getting random Linpack errors.
I get random bit flips on my FX 8350 with 8 GB, sometimes does 3 or 4 passes with matches, sometimes a mismatch on the second pass!

This problem don't occur with my single 4 GB HyperX stick.

Last edited:
Asrock Extreme 4 X99, 5930k, 16gb gskill ram, 2 tb WD Black. Wating for Samusng 512gb 850 Pro, Corsair A540, and H240x.

Is it the soft touch finish on the caps?

I'm not sure what constitutes "soft touch finish" on keyboards, but it does feel like they have a thin coating of rubber on top of the keys. I was hoping the WASD keys were rubberized, but they are simply contoured hard plastic :-/

I'm not sure what constitutes "soft touch finish" on keyboards, but it does feel like they have a thin coating of rubber on top of the keys. I was hoping the WASD keys were rubberized, but they are simply contoured hard plastic :-/

Yeah, that's the same kind of finish you get on some nicer laptop keyboards. I like it too.

Big day!

Serverboard arrived:
Gigabyte GA-6ETXDR
IMG_20150714_183106[1].jpg

And my Corsair ram from mgsickler arrived!
Commence 2nd folding rig build!
IMG_20150714_191244.jpg
These appear to be Microns :)

All together, not a bad day!
IMG_20150714_191229.jpg

Parts for my new build are trickling in. Picked up a new main SSD, an Intel 750 NVME PCIe card. It is "pretty quick", being a few times faster than my 1 TB Samsung Evo. The mounting kit for my Noctua also arrived, so I can keep my existing heatsink.

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

Got some Bitspower silver shining aqua link pipe, i have to wait almost a month for Performance PCS to restock this aqua link.
Also got some Bitspower extension fitting and 4 pin molex y spliter from Performance PCS

DSCN2513.JPG

From ebay
Some blue LED strip light and 16.4' Supernight RGB and cool white LED light strip and ir music controller.

DSCN2514.JPG

I super glue the blue LED strip under the GPU block, now it glow a lot brighter :)

DSCN2519.JPG

These all arrived Friday!#winning

Zowie ZA13
ZO077-1-p.jpg

AntLion Microphone, awesome can attach it to any headphones
AntLion-Audio-ModMic-4-0-Attachable-Boom-Microphone-Omni-Directional-with-Mute-Switch__411wWmgnFSL.jpg

Cloud9 Tank Top OP
mens_Tank.png

4Gb of PC133 ECC SDRAM!

I was expecting 4 sticks of Micron.... not a mix of Micron and infineon :-/
Memtesting them now.

IMG_20150721_201939[1].jpg IMG_20150721_201934[1].jpg IMG_20150721_201927[1].jpg

If I knew you were looking for DDR ECC RAM, I'd have sent you the two 1 GB kits I have laying around. Have had them listed on eBay for over a year, ha.

If I knew you were looking for DDR ECC RAM, I'd have sent you the two 1 GB kits I have laying around. Have had them listed on eBay for over a year, ha.

DDR? or SDRAM?
AFAIK this board will only take SDRAM.

Either way, yeah that would have been nice for both of us :)

DDR? or SDRAM?
AFAIK this board will only take SDRAM.

Either way, yeah that would have been nice for both of us :)
1GB (2 x 512MB) Micron 512MB DDR ECC Memory PC1600R MT18VDDT6472G

If you still need/want them, I have no use for them and I really doubt they will sell. Shoot me a PM so we don't clutter up the thread. ;)

Back