• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Until I figure out my USB or software problem with my webcam , this is all I have. The power supply in the pic was temporary. It has the Corsair in my sig now. I cut the slots in the arm of the fan thingy for airflow. I have some more pics somewhere in the modding thread.

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 78
I dont know exactly actually. I will get a reading tomorrow but i pulled the spark plug after to check the jetting (running fairly rich right now) and after a few seconds i saw smoke coming from the sparkplug hole

Meh. Normal. Engine size won't affect the frame as far as jumping and landing , speed will. Unless you're racing , where every little bit counts , a little wiggle when she walks is fun! Make sure you check the bottom of the ceramic when reading plugs. The top will tell you nothing unless it's really bad. Unleaded gas has made reading plugs almost useless anyway. With unleaded all I look at is the line on the ground electrode to check the timing , anyway. :) Unless you bump up the compression , the stock heat range is your best bet. If you want to tune it up , pull the top end and gasket match the transfer ports in the case and the cylinder , raise the exhaust port .47 mm and put an FMF pipe on it.

Found two more. Bear in mind it's a mid tower , and my ATX mobo touches the bottom of the case. Add in a discrete graphics card and a PCIe TV tuner , a couple HDDs , CD/DVD burner , four RAM sticks , 5 fans inside. And it's a really cheap case. If it were any cheaper the rig would be duct taped to the coffee table. :shock:

Snapshot_20140518.JPG Snapshot_20140518_5.JPG

Meh. Normal. Engine size won't affect the frame as far as jumping and landing , speed will. Unless you're racing , where every little bit counts , a little wiggle when she walks is fun! Make sure you check the bottom of the ceramic when reading plugs. The top will tell you nothing unless it's really bad. Unleaded gas has made reading plugs almost useless anyway. With unleaded all I look at is the line on the ground electrode to check the timing , anyway. :) Unless you bump up the compression , the stock heat range is your best bet. If you want to tune it up , pull the top end and gasket match the transfer ports in the case and the cylinder , raise the exhaust port .47 mm and put an FMF pipe on it.

Bottom looks black. Mind you this is an iridium plug ive had in it for the past year or so...

It has the DG pipe on it, but there is an exhaust leak at the exhaust port. The pipe doesn't fit on snugly so i can probably gain some more power if i can fix that.
Running the iridium equivalent to the BR8ES. It had the cold plug, BR9ES when i first got it. :)
These buggys are such a bast to ride!!

Bottom looks black. Mind you this is an iridium plug ive had in it for the past year or so...

It has the DG pipe on it, but there is an exhaust leak at the exhaust port. The pipe doesn't fit on snugly so i can probably gain some more power if i can fix that.
Running the iridium equivalent to the BR8ES. It had the cold plug, BR9ES when i first got it. :)
These buggys are such a bast to ride!!

Agreed on the pipe fit (good pipe , BTW) , since the expansion chamber on a two stroke is effectively the "cam". Depending on the hours on the top end , it may be time for a re-ring or piston/ring set. And they are a blast. LOL. I've been grateful for the arm straps several times as I rolled across the ground. :)

Nebulous , it looks like you're in the same shape as me. LOL

I consider this a bit of a side-grade from my Evga SC 780ti but the open cooler was driving my system temperatures really high, which would cause my system fans to ramp up. The noise level eventually drove me crazy and my cpu temps were constantly hovering around 80c while gaming. I am happy to report that with the blower cooler my cpu temps dropped 10c and fans are near silent. Uploaded with my iPhone at work so I couldn't resize anything ��

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The much lower power draw had more to do with the drop in temps than the cooler style.

The ACX cooler dumped the hot air into the case which was recycled by the cooler. The case panels towards the the bottom of the case were hitting 125*f with my temp gun. The case panels are now hitting 85*f while playing battlefront for two hours. The ACX cooler is great for bigger cases with good airflow like my old 650d but not great for mITX builds. The cooler design made a huge difference by exhausting most of the heat out of the case.

The ACX cooler dumped the hot air into the case which was recycled by the cooler. The case panels towards the the bottom of the case were hitting 125*f with my temp gun. The case panels are now hitting 85*f while playing battlefront for two hours. The ACX cooler is great for bigger cases with good airflow like my old 650d but not great for mITX builds. The cooler design made a huge difference by exhausting most of the heat out of the case.

You realize you cut the GPU power draw by half at the same time, right?
The only way your observations could pin it to cooler style is if the two cards used had the same power draw.

You shouldn't read them in fahrenheit because the standard in the industry is in celsius and you could be basing temps off of celcius. 125F is only 50c which isn't bad at all. 85c could be most people's ambient temps.

It is true that non-blower style GPU's do blow the warm air around the case and it would be idea to have a blower for a mini-ITX cases and the likes but it will increase in audibles and temps possible a bit higher then a non-blower style GPU. That's the usual trade-off between the two.

I looked around in the big box stores and even harbor freight. they all had Chinese made for almost $200. Stihl is American made and Stihl is having a sale on selected models. I got this one for $160. May 6th on they are having a sale on all models.

Back