• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah, I was looking at your list in an old thread :p

Should look awesome when done!

Well, here's my new XFX Core Edition R9 295X2

Very well built card. Sadly it seems to be incompatible with my mobo, although I havent tested some solutions yet as I have to reinstall it, but if it doesn't work as I suspect, hopefully it'll stay frosty for about 6 months or so so I can save up for an i7 5790k, ASUS Maximus VII Extreme, and some RAM, and perhaps a CPU cooler as I hear the new chips are hoooooot. And that'll be the last time I buy from non-refundable Newegg.

Damn SR-2. I might have it framed actually lol.

XBKmq62.jpg

10Yp3NF.jpg

JId1eEY.jpg

lOZ0G4A.jpg

Comparison to GTX 670

9OWnxcG.jpg

nFBD7xe.jpg

EX1O6Rj.jpg

Attachments

• 10Yp3NF.jpg
    10Yp3NF.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Well, here's my new XFX Core Edition R9 295X2

Very well built card. Sadly it seems to be incompatible with my mobo, although I havent tested some solutions yet as I have to reinstall it, but if it doesn't work as I suspect, hopefully it'll stay frosty for about 6 months or so so I can save up for an i7 5790k, ASUS Maximus VII Extreme, and some RAM, and perhaps a CPU cooler as I hear the new chips are hoooooot. And that'll be the last time I buy from non-refundable Newegg.

Damn SR-2. I might have it framed actually lol.

XBKmq62.jpg

10Yp3NF.jpg

JId1eEY.jpg

lOZ0G4A.jpg

Comparison to GTX 670

9OWnxcG.jpg

nFBD7xe.jpg

EX1O6Rj.jpg

That 295X2 means your E-Peen is now this big.
This guy should know. He's a doctor.

fish%20was%20this%20big1.jpg

Cul, there are only certain things on Newegg that are non-refundable.
Also, did you try the Premiere suggestion I put in your other thread?

Cul, there are only certain things on Newegg that are non-refundable.
Also, did you try the Premiere suggestion I put in your other thread?

I'd rather not give them any more of my money thx. Eh. It wont be long till I can afford a real upgrade, I'm only really buying half a computer anyway, already have the case, PSU, GPU, HDDs, etc, and its about time I upgrade anyway, this is just the icing on the proverbial cake.

IIRC there's a free trial of 1 month on Premiere.

That said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...895-_-02212015

Wooow that is appealing, only thing needed would be RAM, so it'd end up at like $400 ish. Not bad at all. Hopefully they'll do something like that with the next gen of intel processors I hear is coming out soon? Although they never seem to do those combo deals with the top end processor, as I could really use the extra threads because I video edit 4k videos for my guild...

The combo also likely won't happen at launch ;)

Also, in multithreaded, the 4690K will be faster than one of your X5650's.
With overclocking, it'd likely be equal to both at stock.

Add to that faster RAM (you should be looking at 2133 CL9) and you're going to be in good shape.
Not to mention that single threaded performance for gaming will be more than twice as fast.

At this stage I would probably wait for the next Gen as it isn't too far off and get your hands on a speedy M.2 PCI-E SSD as a OS drive and have some games and software on it.

Am I seriously the only person on this whole site that has noticed what just happened here?

The biggest (and this, is by a biiiiiiiiig margin) nVidia fanboy, to ever grace Overclcokers.com, now has an AMD 295X?

From AMDont to AMDo?... My mind has just been blown.

This is a joke right?

Am I seriously the only person on this whole site that has noticed what just happened here?

The biggest (and this, is by a biiiiiiiiig margin) nVidia fanboy, to ever grace Overclcokers.com, now has an AMD 295X?

This is a joke right?

Not only that, but he can't get it to work right with his system :p

EVGA 850G straight from the PSU master himself :)
The review of this PSU itself can be found here if you want read about it. Solid unit. :)

DSC00882.JPG

I don't know what EVGA expects me to do with all these cables???
DSC00883.JPG

This is a joke right?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...action-lawsuit-over-graphics-card-ram-issues/

They'll get what's coming to them for nearly getting me too. I was so close to clicking that buy button it was unreal.

Yep, it's fairly ironic that this now-half-hearted nVidia fan now owns the highest end AMD card that exists, lol.

It's also ironic that, while not working correctly, when I had the r9 295X2 installed, my computer never lost the display signal on startup like it used to with the 670s, on occasion - basically confirming that the older 670s dislike 4k resolution, which is interesting in itself.

Not only that, but he can't get it to work right with his system

I spend more time stroking AMD drivers than should be allowed by law

AMD Drivers = FAIL

IMO

Yeah to give AMD the benefit of the doubt, it probably is the SR-2 that's the issue, it has issues with a lot of parts, PCI-E SSDs despise it (NF200?) , regular SSDs perform badly or not at all on the 3rd party chip it uses to get SATA 3.0 support, the memory controller is (apparently) garbage, etc. It has performed admirably for quite a while now but it's time to upgrade, when the enthusaist line starts beating dual xeons in multithread you know its time. Some fundamental architecture incompatibility with the new R9 series or something, considering people have quad 6970s and stuff on the SR-2 and do fine. Damn you NF200! lol...

Last edited:

This is a joke right?

Hell no you aren't! I went back through and looked at some of his posts from the past too just to see how deep his was in the sand. Needless to say, it's friggin hilarious to me. Just amazed at how fickle people can be at times. :)

Get off he Jenky and outdated Sr2. You don't remotely use its old horsepower. Get something newer and all will likely be well. I use the card and, for the most part, enjoy it.

Hell no you aren't! I went back through and looked at some of his posts from the past too just to see how deep his was in the sand. Needless to say, it's friggin hilarious to me. Just amazed at how fickle people can be at times. :)

Get off he Jenky and outdated Sr2. You don't remotely use its old horsepower. Get something newer and all will likely be well. I use the card and, for the most part, enjoy it.

Old horsepower is pretty relative. An OC'd 4690K would be at least 1.5X the performance of one of his CPUs since he's running them stock.

Back