• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
even though you just bought a wallet but it just doesnt feel right or look right (even though it says its leather)

IMG_4602sm.jpg

IMG_4604sm.jpg

Pictures dont do this Bison Leather wallet justice,$84.95 is a good price imo. im also eyeing the other limited one in a different color, as well as saving up for a j.michael bison leather wallet. man so many good choices for leather wallets that are hand made, i'd rather pay a bit more then the 39.99 i just got at target. looks and feels like plastic but it is embossed with "genuine leather" on it, im not buying that statement.
*not enough light in my room for the camera to focus right so i had to the light on my cell phone*

What I got today, well I got to ordered my new rig just a few minutes ago and will receive it by Friday, latest, I hope, does that count?

Here is what I ordered, with thanks to a good friend of mine and the advises and feedback that some of you Overclockers gave me.

Tower: Fractal Design Define R5 - Blackout Edition
PSU: Corsair RM650x - 80 Plus Gold
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170-GAMING K3-EU
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K Skylake CPU
CPU-fan: Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-2400 C15 - 16GB
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO SSD - 250GB
USB: Kingston 8GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler 100 G3 8 (For the ESD of Win10 Pro)

What I got today, well I got to ordered my new rig just a few minutes ago and will receive it by Friday, latest, I hope, does that count?

Here is what I ordered, with thanks to a good friend of mine and the advises and feedback that some of you Overclockers gave me.

Tower: Fractal Design Define R5 - Blackout Edition
PSU: Corsair RM650x - 80 Plus Gold
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170-GAMING K3-EU
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K Skylake CPU
CPU-fan: Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-2400 C15 - 16GB
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO SSD - 250GB
USB: Kingston 8GB USB 3.0 DataTraveler 100 G3 8 (For the ESD of Win10 Pro)

Ooo looks good :D

OK, so. I'm in Singapore for "work" right? AND THIS PLACE IS THE GEEK HEAVEN! Anyone from OCF coming out this way should check out Lim Sim Square. It's like a giant garage sale with a bunch of technophobic parents trying to get rid of their kids old PC parts after they move out. If you need something, anything, there IS a stall that has it.

u2D70it.jpg

So anyway, my co-worker has been borrowing the G300S I've been using as a laptop mouse almost the entire time we're out here, and as the only thing I don't like about my GS60 is the touch pad I grabbed a G402. Don't worry, didn't pay $80, was on sale and with the exchange rate comes out closer to $40USD.

Then we walked by one store called Decibel and I figured I'd give them a bit of free advertising here because they seemed cool enough but I was was with a few other coworkers, was in a rush, and half brushed them off. But this place is like a nerd heaven inside a geek heaven. Figured I've been looking for a set of closed headphones and they have a good selection that I can actually try if I wanted to, but like I said I was in a rush, so ended up just grabbing a set of Sennheiser Momentums to replace my broken Shures.

Also got a free USB hub with the IEMs. A little weird I know, but they're running I guess a limited time bonus type deal. Buy something, role some dice, and you get a prize. I got "the grab bag", pulled out the hub.

Not pictured, I was at SLS the other day and grabbed a micro USB cable with a built in volt/ammeter. Figure if I'm ever working on an arduino or RaspPi project and need to keep an eye on power draw it'll come in handy.

Ahhh.....I'm in Singapore as well, and yes, I've been to Decibel as well. You should head on to another mall (well sorta) that specializes in low to hogh end audio gear from earphones to TOTL speakers, these can be found in Adelphi, at 1 Coleman Street. There are some earphone and headphone shops you can go to to try out some of the cans available here. SLS (Sim Lim Square) is more known for computer hardware and peripherals, there' are some game shops there as well....:thup:

Edit - Sorry I've not been around to participate in the thread, I've been just too busy enjoying gaming and movies on this new monitor I'd gotten....:D

200ml of Mayhem's X1 Clear coolant and 2 Darkside 3mm white LEDs for my EK Supremacy MX block

Attachments

• 1475161236035.jpg
    1475161236035.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 157
Let me know how the LED mounting works...I'm considering something like this for a future build!

Easy as pie! The LEDs just fit snugly into the mounting holes in the acrylic part of the block. I have the Supremacy MX AMD block btw.

I ordered the Darkside LEDs with a 3pin plug on it so it just connects to a fan header. The LEDs run from 6-12v.

The block looks a bit amber in colour due to plasticizer from using cheap PVC tubing last year unfortunately :(

Attachments

• 1475169508924.jpg
    1475169508924.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 1475169522401.jpg
    1475169522401.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 1475169535394.jpg
    1475169535394.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 153
I thought it's all placebo but I love it!
I can't tell the difference between flac and 120kbps btw :/
They're super comfy too! Been wearing them for the last 3 days without the slightest discomfort! I even feel more comfortable wearing them xD
Only complain is the non removable pads :/
And the stupid 6.3mm jack :c I think the weight bent my phones jack xD

Attachments

• 2016-09-29 23.16.07.jpg
    2016-09-29 23.16.07.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 2016-09-29 23.17.29.jpg
    2016-09-29 23.17.29.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 151
Some extra USB 3.0 Ports (the black 4 port) since the Z170-E only comes with 4 and my Antec's front ports are only 2.0.

And I wanted to give the ArticClean a shot since I know I've applied too much thermal paste when I threw my new rig together. Getting 70C+ on load now after a few months.

USB3&Remover.JPG

Now if NewEgg could just figure out where my Sammie is :(

I thought it's all placebo but I love it!
I can't tell the difference between flac and 120kbps btw :/
They're super comfy too! Been wearing them for the last 3 days without the slightest discomfort! I even feel more comfortable wearing them xD
Only complain is the non removable pads :/
And the stupid 6.3mm jack :c I think the weight bent my phones jack xD

The pads are removable, just so you know. They are actually on a plastic ring that you simply just pull out. You can find youtube videos showing it done if they get dirty enough you want to replace them and feel uncomfortable with the process.

The pads are removable, just so you know. They are actually on a plastic ring that you simply just pull out. You can find youtube videos showing it done if they get dirty enough you want to replace them and feel uncomfortable with the process.

That's awesome thanks!

Back