• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like it will be a bunch of fun XrogerX. I am not a fan of Razer stuff myself but peripherals are largely personal preference once you pass a certain price-point.

I have ask around about peripherals gaming peripherals but no one really answered , but then again I didn't ask in a gaming forum lol , I have a habit of asking questions like that in a forum like overclocking or a windows forum lol

OK, what the hell? I don't know if I pissed someone off, but the Fedex guy left a box of Schiit on my door step.

6aZmRu6h.jpg

H3h5DEih.jpg

Probably won't notice a difference between the Modi Multibit and the Modi 2 Uber, but eh...

Last edited:
Got this free for review, still getting used to it, liking the membrane keyboard more atm though
also corsair software is terrible :bang head

sSTqzT1.jpg

What's wrong with it? Heard their "i" line of AIO units were kinda iffy for a while, didn't realize it affected everything and thought they got things under control.

Most of the issues they have is software related. 4-5+ years of Corsair Link, their Cue software is OK at best and probably the only thing working decently atm and idk bout the rest. I was tortured for 2+ years with the CL with empty promises from Corsair. Stopped going to their forums, etc. The CL's have since been replaced a few times. I have two CL's sitting in a box collecting dust and used RGB LEDs. Mind you at the beginning of CL, I spent $150+ for the originals and went through a never ending roller coaster with them after. A simple free monitoring program did a better job than it. I couldn't handle it anymore as it was taking a emotional toll out of me and so I parted ways and couldn't have been happier since replacing it all with the Aquaero 6 for my monitoring and controlling.

Mind you I still use the AX1200i from them. I have their 2nd gen. PSU after the first one seems to be the culprit to my blowout into my introduction to X99 for the first time. Took out the X99 Classified MB, GTX 480 and a Corsair Link and it's separate Corsair Link Lighting node that they don't sell no more. The Corsair Link had continuous white smoke coming from it a few minutes after of the blowout. Was ready to throw it inside a bucket of water. I determined since Corsair won't, that since their first gen. PSU's came with a old firmware that had OCP disabled by default, we found out through a 3rd party doing investigation, that was the cause of my blowout. They than 3 months into release changed all the PSU's with the new firmware without saying a thing about it to the public. The way the old one worked is, you needed to load to windows and have Corsair Link software enable OCP was the only way. They replaced the PSU with a newer firmware that has OCP enabled by default from the start and haven't had a problem since. The same thing had happened to another reviewer site but the fingers were being pointed everywhere by Corsair (PSU) and Asus (MB) as to what the culprit was from their blowout.

The elephant in the room here is, most of their components and products they sell are in relation to their CL software unfortunately and still haven't gotten it right yet. No public apology either from them for the CL. They did apologize about their RGB keyboard issue but that's a whole other story.

Last edited:
Most of the issues they have is software related. 4-5+ years of Corsair Link, their Cue software is OK at best and probably the only thing working decently atm and idk bout the rest. I was tortured for 2+ years with the CL with empty promises from Corsair. Stopped going to their forums, etc. The CL's have since been replaced a few times. I have two CL's sitting in a box collecting dust and used RGB LEDs. Mind you at the beginning of CL, I spent $150+ for the originals and went through a never ending roller coaster with them after. A simple free monitoring program did a better job than it. I couldn't handle it anymore as it was taking a emotional toll out of me and so I parted ways and couldn't have been happier since replacing it all with the Aquaero 6 for my monitoring and controlling.

Mind you I still use the AX1200i from them. I have their 2nd gen. PSU after the first one seems to be the culprit to my blowout into my introduction to X99 for the first time. Took out the X99 Classified MB, GTX 480 and a Corsair Link and it's separate Corsair Link Lighting node that they don't sell no more. The Corsair Link had continuous white smoke coming from it a few minutes after of the blowout. Was ready to throw it inside a bucket of water. I determined since Corsair won't, that since their first gen. PSU's came with a old firmware that had OCP disabled by default, we found out through a 3rd party doing investigation, that was the cause of my blowout. They than 3 months into release changed all the PSU's with the new firmware without saying a thing about it to the public. The way the old one worked is, you needed to load to windows and have Corsair Link software enable OCP was the only way. They replaced the PSU with a newer firmware that has OCP enabled by default from the start and haven't had a problem since. The same thing had happened to another reviewer site but the fingers were being pointed everywhere by Corsair (PSU) and Asus (MB) as to what the culprit was from their blowout.

The elephant in the room here is, most of their components and products they sell are in relation to their CL software unfortunately and still haven't gotten it right yet. No public apology either from them for the CL. They did apologize about their RGB keyboard issue but that's a whole other story.

...Ouch, sorry to have to make you relive that. I was thinking it was buggy as in the occasional lockup/crash, didn't realize they were doing something as big as leaving safety features disabled on their PSUs...

the cue software for me isnt crashing (at least for now), its just very anti-user friendly

...Ouch, sorry to have to make you relive that. I was thinking it was buggy as in the occasional lockup/crash, didn't realize they were doing something as big as leaving safety features disabled on their PSUs...

No worries. Their PSU's are fine now, AFAIK. The firmware has been updated 3 months after their release back a few years. I just don't have the nice feature of monitoring my PSU. I know there's a way to do so with HWiNFO64 in the Aquasuite 2016 but haven't gotten started on that yet.

the cue software for me isnt crashing (at least for now), its just very anti-user friendly

I never had any major issues other than taking a while on startup and importing profiles. The unfortunate thing they apologized about was the flickering issue when using the "16.8 million color" feature. It's apparently hardware related that no software was able to fix. Obviously they aren't going to recall all the keyboards they sold plus I'm way out of warranty. I've been blessed by their CS on the Keyboard, Mouse and Headphones in the past. Mind you I came from the old K90 white leds and M60 mouse before all the RBG stuff and have been upgraded to their premium RGB line. Same with headphones, upgraded to their newer gen but after 3 RMAs, headphones kept breaking apart, have since been replaced by the amazing Sennheiser PC363D.

Last edited:
No worries. Their PSU's are fine now, AFAIK. The firmware has been updated 3 months after their release back a few years. I just don't have the nice feature of monitoring my PSU. I know there's a way to do so with HWiNFO64 in the Aquasuite 2016 but haven't gotten started on that yet.

I never had any major issues other than taking a while on startup and importing profiles. The unfortunate thing they apologized about was the flickering issue when using the "16.8 million color" feature. It's apparently hardware related that no software was able to fix. Obviously they aren't going to recall all the keyboards they sold plus I'm way out of warranty. I've been blessed by their CS on the Keyboard, Mouse and Headphones in the past. Mind you I came from the old K90 white leds and M60 mouse before all the RBG stuff and have been upgraded to their premium RGB line. Same with headphones, upgraded to their newer gen but after 3 RMAs, headphones kept breaking apart, have since been replaced by the amazing Sennheiser PC363D.

Thanks for notifying us! Ill not buy the Corsair keyboard i wanted.
I have Corsair RAM(Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GBx2)in my PC and so far i have no problems:).

Thanks for notifying us! Ill not buy the Corsair keyboard i wanted.
I have Corsair RAM(Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GBx2)in my PC and so far i have no problems:).

Don't generalize this on all their keyboards because I THINK they might have fixed the flickering issue on their new line of Lux keyboards, etc but not 100% sure. All I know is their K70 RGB and K95 RGB have this existing issue.

Don't generalize this on all their keyboards because I THINK they might have fixed the flickering issue on their new line of Lux keyboards, etc but not 100% sure. All I know is their K70 RGB and K95 RGB have this existing issue.

Hah the K65 is a cut version of K70 so i guess the problems exist.

GloriousGeorge was talking about this on Reddit over on PCMR, apparently the LED issues were fixed on the Lux boards. I don't remember specifics, but it was to do with how the LEDs were mounted on the board and when one went out it would start a chain reaction of various others randomly going out.

While I use a Ducky Shine 5 myself, Corsair support is top notch. And if it were to come to it, Glorious Ge0rge over on Reddit is responsive near daily. I've seen more PC Master Race community interaction from Corsair than I've ever seen with any other vendor on other sites, so the signs are good, and Corsair is known to deliver if something happens.

GloriousGeorge was talking about this on Reddit over on PCMR, apparently the LED issues were fixed on the Lux boards. I don't remember specifics, but it was to do with how the LEDs were mounted on the board and when one went out it would start a chain reaction of various others randomly going out.

That sounds like the old static problems they had with the white LEDs. That was pre-RGB products. They fixed that with Cherry and then came the flickering issue with the RGBs. Something that has to do with the controller that allows these amazing profiles to perform and would only happen once you enabled 16.8 million colors to give you the flexibility to more colors for amazing complex profiles. I believe they did something with refunding those that wanted to return their KBs but not sure and changed their advertising from "16.8 million colors" to "multicolor" to reflect the limitation. Again, this happened over a year ago and haven't been there to see whats been happening. I only peak a eye once in a blue moon to see if a any miracles were done to the issues that they face.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the K95 RBG and M65 RGB I'm using right now. The keys are solid, thanks to Cherry and the profiles are out of this world. I could turn my room into a club if I wanted too. Of course I keep the lighting to a minimum as I get nauseous after a while. I just leave the profiled colors solid to match my themed build.

Last night I picked this up for my son to be used as his first gaming desktop. His laptop is aging and he wanted something that can upgraded. It's not great but a good buy.

i5-4460
8G Ram
2TB HDD
DVD-R/W
WiFi & Blutooth
keyboard/mouse
22" Samsung 1080p LED Monitor
19" Samsung secondary - freebie

20160830_171720.jpg

Just got a pack of Corsair cmk16gx4m4a2133c13 which is 4x4 GB 2133 C13. This is to replace the G.Skill 3333 in my X99 Xeon box which doesn't support the higher ram speeds, so I can return the 3333 to a Z170 system and get my money's worth of the speed again. The new corsair was chosen as it was CL13, which can be found at no significant price difference from slower. The problem is, I need the Xeon system running for a challenge over at PrimeGrid which starts 7pm local time, and I wont get home till after 6pm! So it will be a case of plug it in, turn on XMP and hope for best. No deep testing time.

On a similar note, finally got an i3-6100 to backfill a spare system. This should be my fastest per-core systems once running thanks to all that lovely ram bandwidth. Again, I hope to put this on the same challenge as above. I hope it will be as smooth as fit CPU, fit cooler, and away we go. System is otherwise complete already.

How much was total for that setup?

- - - Updated - - -

Last night I picked this up for my son to be used as his first gaming desktop. His laptop is aging and he wanted something that can upgraded. It's not great but a good buy.

i5-4460
8G Ram
2TB HDD
DVD-R/W
WiFi & Blutooth
keyboard/mouse
22" Samsung 1080p LED Monitor
19" Samsung secondary - freebie

View attachment 182952

Back