• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 7950: driver question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ICanHazCookie

Registered
I got a HD7950 to replace my GT240. Do I need to remove any old drivers or download new ones before installing the card?

Last edited:
It's always good practice to remove any old drivers when getting new hardware, even if it's the same manufacturer. Try using software such as driver sweeper. :D

Installed it, everything works, thanks for helping. My screen is a bit blurry, but I assume that's because I'm using an adapter, or is there a setting I'm missing? (resolution set to 1920*1080)

Last edited:
Hmm using an adaptor should not make your screen blurry, what are your other settings(refresh rate, color depth etc.)

Not really blurry, just slightly less sharp than before. Color dept is at 32 bit and refresh rate is at 60 Hz.

I think you must mean dvi to vga? I highly doubt any 7950 card out there has a vga socket.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I meant the other way around, as in VGA to the monitor. Since I know of that particular conversion causing issues with blurring.

Sorry if I wasn't clear I meant the other way around, as in VGA to the monitor. Since I know of that particular conversion causing issues with blurring.

Yes that's what I'm using. It's not that bad, so I'll probably get used to that.
Thanks again for your help.

Does your card have a DVI port? If so getting a DVI to VGA adapter will eliminate any fuzziness, they can be bought from monoprice for a dollar.

Does your card have a DVI port? If so getting a DVI to VGA adapter will eliminate any fuzziness, they can be bought from monoprice for a dollar.

I am using DVI to VGA (Screen is VGA, card is DVI). (I think I misread your post)

EDIT: I messed with a few settings in CCC, ticking the 'composite synchronisation' box solved the issue.

Last edited:
Back