• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 560 (Non-Ti) Cooling Bracket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

I've been making a custom passive cooler, and all I'm missing is some type of mounting bracket or "X-Clamp" type bracket to prevent my board from warping.

Does anybody have recommendations of what I could use/buy?

How on earth are you going to cool a 560 passively?

Your SIG says you have two 560's in sli... Mine hit 80c while gaming and I have crazy airflow in my case. I want to see pictures of this because it would take a lot of mass to keep that chip cool.

Oh, I should probably update that.
Only using 1 560, other one is in my friends PC.

This is the cooler I'm going to mount. (Or attempt to)

Picture

It's all I can do. It's a huge solid copper heatsink that almost lines up with the gpu. All I need to do is drill two holes, and find a backplate that'll fit the video card.

No, I'm sorry but that is a really bad idea. The chip will hit it's thermal limit within seconds of launching a 3d application. You may get away with just browsing the web but the second you put it under stress the thermal limit will be reached. I think it's around 90c on fermi chips. You would need something with a lot more mass to dissapate the heat from the chip and how do you plan to cool the vrms or mofsets?

Sorry, if I sound rude I just don't want you to fry that card.

The cards stock cooler has nothing to cool the mofset or vrm's.

It's only set up to cool the gpu itself, and it ran for ages without a fan on the ****ty aluminum stock cooler that warped the card because it doesn't have a backplate.

I still wouldn't recommend it because even the stock cooler has more mass to dissipate the heat than the copper heatsink you want to use. I may be completely wrong but my best guess is it won't work well for gaming.

Back