• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to overclocking. How am I going?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
27 is pretty high for ambient.

Are all 4 case fans blowing in? All four out? I think the best setup is having half bringing in external air and the other half pushing out the hot air inside the case. What is your setup? Also, which direction is the fan attached to the 212 pushing air? (towards the back of the case? top? )

The CPU fan (212) is pulling the air toward the back of the case , then there's an exhaust fan behind that pulling it out of the case. There a fan on top of the case that also pushing the air out (exhaust). There's one on the side of the case that's pulling air in. There's another one in the front that's an intake that pushes air to the HDs. check out attached picture. The only fan I dont have is the one that's on the top front.

I have 4 HDS in my case. Would that make it hotter than normal?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 7.34.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 7.34.08 PM.png
    87 KB · Views: 23
That seems like a good configuration to me. The HDDs could explain the hotter ambient temps. You could unplug them and see what the measurements are without them running.

5-10 degrees is nothing to be concerned about, really. It will just affect your OC headroom a bit.

Back