• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini ITX Build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

Working on replacing my old q6600 with something a little more compact and powerful.

I've been perusing Newegg for mini ITX motherboards to fit in this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112265

I don't care if its intel or amd. just looking to keep it under 700 bucks. Needs to be able to play games, like guildwars 2 and league of legends.

I've got a friend who's been telling me that the ITX boards are all garbage, and that i'll be replacing it by this time next year.

Just looking for some experience, and suggestions.

Thanks

(name on my League account is 3 days ago today.)

Last edited:
hmm, add me on league of legends :D thats with a capital W

With the right case and board you can build a gaming powerhouse, but will cost more than a standard ATX gaming PC build.

If you are not heavy on storage (i.e. multiple HDDs), as in you plan on having two HDDs at the most, a full size graphics card (8 inches in length and takes up two expansion slots on the case), standard CPU heatsink (or corsair H80), and standard PSU, then I recommend a bitfenix prodigy or Lian-Li Q25B. The Q08B is similar to the Q25B, however, the q25b allows you to use a full-size graphics card like an nVidia 680.

If you want something more compact, then get this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112227 and search for a decent graphics card that will fit in there.

The PC-Q08 supports GPUs up to 300mm (11.8"), so a beast can fit in that case as well. The PC-Q25 doesn't have a 5.25" bay, which could be a downside to some. Either one of those would be a good choice.

That PC-Q07 could pack a punch in a small volume using a GTX670 with an aftermarket cooler. Since the GTX670 PCB is just under 7" at around 6.8" it's possible it could fit in the PC-Q07 with an Accelero Mono Plus or something similar (might need to find an alternate place for the HDD/SSD too).

Back