• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED intel i5 3570k; these temps norm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iThomas

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago I finally got around to purchasing all my parts to finish my most recent build which consists of the Intel i5 3570k cooled by a Corsair H80.

I have been running it for a week or 2 now while I monitor temps before I overclock etc. Below I have included a picture of my CPU temps at 100% load using Prime 95, I just want to ensure that a stock 3570k with a H80 should be around these values, or if they are too high, in case I need to re-apply thermal paste before o/c'in etc.

While playing games, mostly BF3 I have never seen above 45C; do these values seem about right?

I thought with a H80 the temps would be lower, when idling I get around 24-27C on the hottest core.

Attachments

• coretemp.png
    coretemp.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I know it is, but 90c is far to high in my liking for a cpu; I like to stick under 70c at load.

you won't be ocing much then the 3570k is hella hot OCed unless you delid it

I know the Ivy Bridge architecture runs hotter than other Intel chips, but I can at least get a 4.4 O/C while maintaining ~70C.

I have looked in to de-liding it, but maybe on my next upgrade in year or two I'll go down this road. De-liding it would be a lot of hassle for me, and I am not great with fiddly objects, unless it is in the form of two hooks... (*please someone catch the joke, else the youth of this form may ruin my humour*)

Anything below 90c is ok when you overclock i5 3570k.
This right here. Keep it at 90C or less during stress testing and dont worry about it. Anything less than that is being conservative (for personal reasons only)...and 70C is neutering it IMO. :thup:

This right here. Keep it at 90C or less during stress testing and dont worry about it. Anything less than that is being conservative (for personal reasons only)...and 70C is neutering it IMO. :thup:

Thanks again EarthDog, and everyone else's suggestions/responses.

Also using XMP profiles for RAM settings fixed the BF3 bug I was having when I manually bumped the speed awhile back.

You're always coming to my rescue. lol

Maybe he's got you hook line and sinker Thomas buddy, sorry for the boyish humor! AJ. :D :rofl:

p.s.Good luck and enjoy your set up.

Last edited:
Its just conservative is all, nothing wrong with it really... but that does tend to leave a lot left on the table as far as overclocking goes. ;)

So 4.0ghz at 1.25 volts at 62 load is a good start? All I've done so far is upped the multi. Everything else is on auto.

Back