• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of tools do i need to cut out a window on my case panel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

I want to buy the AZZA GENESIS 9000, but the problem is the side window on the case is too small, can somebody tell me what kind of tool do i need to cut out a big window on the side panel of my case.
Thank for your help or sugestion

look like you know a lot of things and have move up to become a senior member, the last time i'm on this site i remember you got 9 stars :)

A dremel or jig saw are the preferred tools for cutting side panels. If your cheap and have a lot of time on your hand a "nibbler" only needs you drill a pilot hole and you can manually cut out any shape you want, I dont recommend this but it will make a clean hole.

You are going to want a half circle file to smooth the edge when your done and/or put molding around the opening.

A dremel or jig saw are the preferred tools for cutting side panels. If your cheap and have a lot of time on your hand a "nibbler" only needs you drill a pilot hole and you can manually cut out any shape you want, I dont recommend this but it will make a clean hole.

You are going to want a half circle file to smooth the edge when your done and/or put molding around the opening.

+1 on the nibbler working but not being a preferable option. I've got one and have used it. It works but takes forever and a half. The one true plus about using one is that unlike dremel or jig saws you don't have to worry about it running away from you. You'll never "accidentally" over cut your mark.

What kind of molding are you talking about?, if possible, please send me a image or a link to the website that sell it.
Thank

+1 on everything. Though I've never tried it with a nibbler. I always make a pilot cut with my dremel, switch to the jigsaw, & the debur with a grinding bit. If you go this route make sure to use a bi-metal saw blade.

An extra +1 for the channel molding. It looks really slick & if your cut isn't 100% straight you usually can't tell with the molding on.

You can secure the plexi with 3M double sided tape. I can post a link if you need it. It's hard to link at the moment because I'm on my phone.

Also, if you haven't gotten the plexi yet check out Tap Plastics. The enthusiast sites tend to overcharge for it. You can get a 1/8" thick 15x15" sheet of polycarbonite from Tap for about $10.

mcmastercarr is another place to get materials for just about anything, and they carry tinted plastics if thats your fancy.

Back