• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nanya memory chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rivercom9

Are Nanya memory modules good? A friend of mine just recently got a 128Mb stick of DDR. We dont know who made the darned thing but we saw that the memory modules were Nanya. Are they any good?

i found out also that Kingston makes some ram with them chips

if you can find a serial number or something else on the ram just post it here and someone can find out for you.

Well, my friend got the ram for very cheap, $29 I think from Frys so Im not counting on it being of very high quality. Ill try to pull the serial number off of one of the chips later on today since Im busy all morning. Thanks for all of your assistance you guys.

thats not a bad deal for a stick of 128 ddrs. I also want to find out the quality of the Nanya brand. I was on a pc show last weekend and one booth that specializes or ram had a banner up saying something like "We carry Nanya Memory, same as kingston chips" or was it kingmax.
:beer:

I had a hard time getting Nanya memory to work at 133FSB on my newer computer, but other people seem to have no problems. It's a crapshoot, like most hardware. $28 isn't a bad price though.

Back