• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Heat issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huntinman13

Registered
Hey I am new to the Over Clocking world and had a Question I hope ya'll could answer. I have had my PC for about a month and It used to run a lot cooler. I haven't changed any settings and I changed the thermal paste twice after I started having the heat issues. I could really use some advice.

Attachments

• OverClock Data.PNG
    OverClock Data.PNG
    391.8 KB · Views: 53
  • New OverClock Data.PNG
    New OverClock Data.PNG
    153.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
You need to give us more time to respond. I certainly don't sit on the forums all day and I just got out of class. Your thread will be seen. ;)

If it ran cooler on a fresh install, Windows may have been doing some housecleaning in the background, which slowed the benchmark and lowered the temperatures.

Push on the top of the heatsink to give it more pressure. If temperatures drop, you don't have it tightened enough.

If that doesn't help, do another reseat to see how the thermal paste is being spread. Don't wipe off the old stuff as it tells you how it was seated. For example, if there is an area that doesn't have thermal paste (either on the processor or heatsink), that tells you it wasn't installed right.

It could also be because of higher ambient temperatures. Take the side panel off your case and see if temperatures drop. If they do, your case flow isn't enough to keep up.

I'm sorry if I seem impatient. I'm just not sure if I'm going to have Internet that much longer and got a little anxious. I have checked the thermal paste twice for uncovered spots, I put pressure on the heat sink and it didn't drop the Temp, and I have tested pulling off the side panel with No affect. I have a feeling its either the fresh Windows install altered the temps or its warmer in My room because we are in the abnormally high 80's in mid-winter when we were in the 50's last month.I can live with the temps, They don't seem to high. And thank you for your reply and Agian I apologize for the unwarranted haste on my part.

If you reseated multiple times (assuming it has good contact), put on more pressure, and removed the side panel, I think that pretty much covers all the options. Those temperatures seem right for the speed.

Alright Thanks again. And I'm adding another 2000rpm 120mm fan to the side of my case just for the heck of it :)

His cooler is a Cooler Master 212 EVO, per his signature. I'm guessing that temperatures are at 75-80f, according to a previous post, but he will have to clarify on that.

My room temp is 75 degrees and I have a Cooler Master 212 EVO. I have check the fan settings in BIOS, And have rearranged the case fans till I got those temps which were better. One more question, I have a Rosewill Challenger case and I'm going to add another 120mm fan. I have it set up right now with are coming in the bottom of my case and being sucked out the top. I was wandering if I should change that to coming in the top and being blown out the side and bottom.

Just checked the thermal paste once more this morning and it wasn't spread all the way to the edge of the cpu. Reapplied 4 small dots around the edge and spread it out well and changed the direction of my Heatsink and the temps came down. So hopefully this new fan will make it even cooler.

Attachments

• New OverClock Data2.PNG
    New OverClock Data2.PNG
    106 KB · Views: 33
Back