• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 670 Overclocking Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

Could someone point me in the right direction for a guide to overclocking my GTX 670..

I'm currently using msi Afterburner with the settings:
Voltage: +35
Power Limit: 120%
Core Clock: +100
Mem Clock: +30
Fan Speed: 60%

These settings are stable enough to run Battlefield 3 for about 6hours..

But I could do with a guide fully explaining whats what with the card & such..

Any help is greatly appreciated :) Cheeers guys!! :beer:

Nvidia overclocking is stupid proof. Increase voltage all the way and raise core value until it doesnt work then back off 25. No memory voltage so just raise that until artifactung or freezing and back down 25a and u should be fine. Keep temps under 70c to ensure you are hitting full boost.

Really? I have a 670, could I just copy those settings?

I tend to defeat any theories of stupid proofing when it comes to OCing... :L

There is a guide on another OCing site, says you raise each one by 100, one at a time, run the Heaven Bench, if it completes repeat, if it freezed, back it down, ie raise core 100, run heaven, raise core, then once max core is found do same with memory till it artifacts. one run, one 100hz boost...then set both to your maxes, and run it again, and plays some games. If you get crashes then back down both settings 25 each and you should be good.

ED is right.

just max it out.

at some point when you become unsatisfied with that limit
flash in a bios that will let you do more. :)

Back