• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Elder Scrolls Online beta test signup open

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In my opinion, MMO's are just ways for game developers to make tons of money. Most MMO's are just the same format as older MMO's with updated graphics and slightly more interesting stories. But the game play and format of MMO's are pretty consistent across titles. Just make the game good enough to get people hooked and then watch the money start flowing in. Occasional updates and maintenance here and there and the rest is profit. Good MMO's can also bring in profits for years longer than a standard single player RPG.

I take it then, that you haven't done much research on this game? The goal Bethesda and Zenimax set was to create a unique MMO. I suggest you take a look at this video (
). Maybe it'll make you reconsider this one :p

i signed up but i never ever pay for a monthly fee i think those are scams and would rather get more stuff to bench but i am willing to but the game just not a monthly fee i would perfer pay $60 and call it good

I take it then, that you haven't done much research on this game? The goal Bethesda and Zenimax set was to create a unique MMO. I suggest you take a look at this video (
). Maybe it'll make you reconsider this one :p

I was speaking of MMO's in general, based on my experience of the highly addictive nature of MMO games.

Also, in general, I do not research video games. Playing video games wastes enough time as it is. I don't need to waste more of my short life researching them. There are far more important things to research :)

Cheers!

I was speaking of MMO's in general, based on my experience of the highly addictive nature of MMO games.

Also, in general, I do not research video games. Playing video games wastes enough time as it is. I don't need to waste more of my short life researching them. There are far more important things to research :)

Cheers!

Fair enough sir! To each their own.

i signed up but i never ever pay for a monthly fee i think those are scams and would rather get more stuff to bench but i am willing to but the game just not a monthly fee i would perfer pay $60 and call it good

I believe if you're going to charge a monthly fee you should NOT charge a box fee. That's silly to me to charge you $15USD a month and then another $50USD for the box. Also the opposite is true to me as well. I don't think a monthly fee should be charge if you're paying for the box. I understand that companies have up keep they need to maintain and pay the employees who manage the network and make patches but I just don't believe in the monthly charge system.

I also get that $15-$20 is a small price to pay for a month worth of entertainment since you can't even go to a movie by your self for $20 anymore.

i never ever pay for a monthly fee i think those are scams

yeah, because HUGE groups of servers with power, maintenance, personnel and bandwidth requirements cost absolutely nothing per month... how DARE they want to make a profit! no company should be allowed to make a profit! :screwy:

yeah, because HUGE groups of servers with power, maintenance, personnel and bandwidth requirements cost absolutely nothing per month... how DARE they want to make a profit! no company should be allowed to make a profit! :screwy:

Monthly charge for it makes sense in this respect but the box cost doesn't seem justified (if they will even charge box cost). They stand to (hopefully) make millions off the box price alone then millions more off of monthly charges. I mean look at Blizzard's WoW... that monthly fee did more than offer a little profit.

Back