• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wait for haswell or just get the 3770k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulwatch5

So I was planning on upgrading to a 3770k. I going to be traveling and there is a microcenter close to where I'm going. If you don't know they have awsome deals on intel chips there. They sell 3570k for $189.99 and the 3770k for $229.99 and figured I can spend the extraa $40 for hyperthreading even though I probably won't need it.

Anyways it got me thinking if the 4570k and 4770k are going to be coming out soon, should I just wait and see if the prices drop? I'm not always next to a microcenter so not too sure if I should just pull the trigger and get it or just wait to see what haswell does.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
There's a topic floating around somewheres that the 4770k will be very similar to the 3770k.

Either way, it is highly doubtable you will ever CPU bottleneck with anything after the first series of i7s.

Haswell will be in a half year and noone knows what about availability for first weeks so if you think about buying something soon then better get 3770K now.

Well take care on your trip let us know what bargains you picked up when you come back!

LOL i just went to Frys to buy a pack of compressed air bottles and for kicks asked if they would price match and they did it. Just bought askrock z77 extreme6 on newegg right now. So now i have a project when i get back from my trip. Also got a free year of McAfee virus scan if anyone wants it. I'll never use it.

Too much money IMO, for slower performance/clock in stuff that uses 5 threads or less.

I still think LGA1366 is awsome :D

You could wait.. but the next best thing is always just around the corner..

If you got the 3770k you could always part out the system to pay for half to two thirds of the next if you sell it in time :shrug:

To be honest after I get things running I don't think I'll be upgrading anything for a couple of years. Or at least I hope I don't have to. All I do is watch movies and game with a little video editting but not much.

i would like to see the $1000 2011 cpu,s go way down in price..
i believe i would buy 1 if it was bout 600 instead...
then forget the haswell ...lol

Back