• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Swiftech H220 LCS All-In-One Water Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice review, little skeptical about the product though.

Isn't the point of an AIO coolers no maintenence? Considering air coolers match most AIOs... they need all of the advantages they can get.

Ehh... pass.

I suppose it would be good for a little starter cuztom loop, but they don't seem difficult, from what I gather you need a place for the water to go, a place to cool the water (radiators), a thing to push the water, and interfaces between your loop and the components you want to cool. Perhaps expertise is key here. Warranties... Eh.

Yes, a very solid review indeed.

Thanks for taking the thing apart by the way, I love seeing the innards :D

How long before the rest of the AIO marketeers take a mulligan and start to kick out some more versatle units? Can't let Swiftech hang out there with this unit too long by it's lonesome.

Possibly soon. The Cooler Master Eisberg Prestige was announced last year, but hasn't seen the light of day yet as far as I'm aware:

http://event.coolermaster.com/Eisberg/radiator.html

It says its expandable as well.

They had it on display at the CM suite: Funkykit's Tour of CoolerMaster at CES2013. (I write for Funkykit as well as OCF)
The Eisburg will be available as a 120mm, 240mm, or block/pump/res only. The block/pump/res are all integrated and have a visible flow indicator and window as well.

Fully upgradable etc. etc. etc.
We (FK) have requested samples, more news on that when I have it.

In any event, the era of sealed untouchable AIO is drawing to a close, and at least two companies are putting out modable flavors.

Do note that the CM Seidan (or whatever it is) has a fill port! That's a first for AIO, and very very nice if you're modding one.

Nice review, little skeptical about the product though.

Isn't the point of an AIO coolers no maintenence? Considering air coolers match most AIOs... they need all of the advantages they can get.

Ehh... pass.

Nice review.

I was wondering similar though. Do you need to regularly drain and replace the fluid with this unit?

You don't need to regularly drain and replace it. I think the product material warranties it for a year without any interaction, but they said it would probably be fine for a few years without touching it and the warranty would be on the extreme safe side. The fluid will slowly evaporate due to the tubing used though, and it will need topped off over time.

You don't need to regularly drain and replace it. I think the product material warranties it for a year without any interaction, but they said it would probably be fine for a few years without touching it and the warranty would be on the extreme safe side. The fluid will slowly evaporate due to the tubing used though, and it will need topped off over time.

Oooohhhh

That's different then.

This is suddenly a cooler cooler.

Hopefully some competition will light a fire under the *** of Corsair & other computer brands that have turned into Apple's spawn, releasing already aged products as new (Looking at you, H90 and H110)

Hi guys, very good job on this review, especially given the quick turnaround time! We are glad you liked the unit.

The only remark I'd make is about not using our thermal compound (which we urge customers to use in our installation guide).

Thermal compound is an integral part of the product offering, and our new TIM Mate 2 truly works well. In fact this is the next product for release as soon as I come back from my trip, and I invite you guys to use it and abuse it, you will be pleased, I guarantee it.

Cheers

Gabe

So no need to worry about algae then? How are they doing that? It must be some proper don't pour it down the sink stuff.

Black tubes, black rad, black pump, no light = no algae.

Send me a TIM Mate 2 and I'll use/abuse it :D

Looks like a great unit. I plan on getting one eventually. Will customize the tubing of course.

The tubing and fittings might be complicated, you might have to read a few of the threads where Swiftech reps give answers such as the ocn and xs h220 threads. Search those or ask there. Not sure any Swiftech reps or Gabe himself lurk this thread atm.

Back