• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Absolutely low idle Vcore 0.840~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyman990

So just built a new budget gaming rig with a
Sandy Bridge i5 2500k
Asrock z77 Pro4
zotac gtx 560ti oc edition
and CM Hyper t4 CPU Cooler

The cooler hasnt arrived yet, i couldnt wait to give the much hyped 2500k a test ride with some oc.
I am fairly new at this, but have overclocked in the past and read a few posts on forums.
My overclock was fairly simple as i wanted to see the stability and power consumption features
The motherboard does not feature a fixed Vcore setting and has Off set.
So i started off with multiplier at 35 and gradually went upto 37x reducing the offset as i went up ( from -0.080 to -0.135)
After holding it there for 15 minutes with prime 95 i had a cpu temp of 82*c, i am sure that is not a lot keeping in mind its a stock cooler.
At this stage the max vcore voltage was 1.096 Which looks terrific as of now with almost 25 mins on prime95.
As it went on idle after stopping the stress test, the Vcore at x16 went as low as ~0.0840.
This too very stable, was browsing for about 40 minutes and saw a movie later.

Do you guys think this could be sustained 24/7 after getting the cooler? I am not a regular gamer, so i dont need the cpu bursting at 4.3 ghz.

Last edited:
Hold the overclocking until after you have the cooler. Then you may want to clock it up to 4.5 since you are on sandy bridge, they clock up pretty nicely afaik.:)

Back