• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED XFX HD 7970 low 3dmark score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnnoT

Hello!, i am new on this forum and i need some help with my PC! :)
I already searched the internet but couldn't find any solutions.
I am running a XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition. The problem is that i only get p8812 using 3d Mark 11 basic edition. When i check the internet is see that my score should be around 37k right? how is it possibble that my score is so low? Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5728406

System specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Motherboard: asus p8z68-v pro gen3 (updated)
Graphic card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition (Catalyst control center 13.1, also tested with 12.11 but same score)
CPU: Intel core i7-2600k, while testing running @ 4,430 MHz
Ram: 8 GB DDR3
1250 Watt (power)

I hope someone can help me with this problem beacause i really want the best out of my GPU! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
37K in 3dMark11? No. Not even close. Perhaps Vantage you should get 37K... 8-10K is about right at stock depending on the CPU pushing it. Your GPU score looks about right.

Last time I benched with 3dmarks 11 I scored about 8400-ish or there abouts , so as Earthdog posted that score is about right for that card.

37k in 3dmarks would have to be the very old version, lol

ah, i quess i got a little confused about 3d mark 11 and vantage. I will try 3d mark vantage now, thanks guys for the fast reply! :)

Back