• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest VHS to DVD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

My mom has about 40-50 VHS tapes she wants to convert to DVD. I know they're services out there but they seem pricey especially for 40-50 VHS. what is the cheapest way to get this done?
I want to keep the cost to around 100 to complete all this, and am willing to spend a full 100 for one device that does it vs buying a VHS player and a capture device and capturing it to a computer ETC.

I saw a nice samsung unit on ebay but it didn't have a remote so I'm not sure if a universal remote would be able to mimic the functions necessary.

Thanks,
Aaron

Buy a USB tv tuner or capture card ( like link above ). Plug a VHS player to it and your good for hours of recording !

Those all in one units tend to record to a propriatary format that wont play in other DVD players. My dad did all of his VHS that way(hundreds) and 2 years layer when his VHS/DVD-R combo died he lost all his movies.

Better to capture them yourself and reencode to DVD format.

Back