• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7850 weird behaviour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IEski

Registered
So i got my new PSU, so i can overclock my 7850 to high numbers. I have seen many people got more than 50% overclock, and i wanted the same, sadly it always crash, whatever i try. But i wanted to compare my results, and i have seen this 1325mhz result and i was really suprised.
Someones 1325MHz got in 3D Mark11 Graphics score 7218 (im not comparing physics and combined because my cpu sucks)
My 1100MHz got in 3DMark 11 G. score 7329, wich is higher, and my question is why is that so. Or maybe you can help me overclock it past 1200 and i will get even higher score ?

50% overclocks? On air? Using the reference clock, that is almost 1300Mhz... not really common (though 1100-1200 is a sweet spot, more than that is a good clocking card)

I would imagine the difference is in the drivers. What driver was used with the card that hit 1325Mhz? If it was before the 12.11 beta's and you are using one from after, that is the story there. The 12.11 beta's are noted all over the place as a 'performance' driver and increased FPS and scores of benchmarks by a fairly considerable number.

Yes 50% overclock on air, he got old 8.950.5.0 driver version, and i got 9.12.0.0 (catalyst version 13.1) You think with older drivers i can get higher clocks, but lower results ?

The clocks wont matter THAT much on drivers, you are 200Mhz apart. Id stick with the 13.1's and not worry about it. To be clear my point was the drivers are what caused that score difference you see. :)

but if i get about 1200 on new drivers, it will even mkre awesome :D but wheb i tried it one monitor became blue and second red, than my computer restarted ^_^ ill try about 1150 when i get new coolers in case, cause i broke cables on all of my case fans :D now my temperatures in idle are about 40 when opened case, 46 when closed case and 27 on bench table ^_^

Have you messed with any voltage control for card? That will of course help and raise temps. ;)

Ofc, to achieve higher clocks, stock voltage is 1138 and now im on 1155, but it is because i destroyed whole airflow in my case, because 42 C temps was before i messed with voltage :)

Back