• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Crashing after changing most hardware Kernel Power id 41 PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRpEdA667

Registered
Hi there i have been struggling with this problem for bout a 100 years and if i'm not gonna solve it i will go mad. Since i have build a new budged gaming system i have been experiencing random crashes while gaming sowhat 10-15 min into gaming sometimes less. I have tryd to solve it in many many ways so here we go. After the initial strugle with my last motherboard(foxconn A9DA-s) changed the motherboard to brand new ASrock 970pro3 and i have sent back the GPU back and they have sent me a new EX display. After changing that hardware the crash keeps happening, system and sound freezes screen goes black keybord not responding.i have changed my PSU as well from 800w low quality brand to ANTEC true power 650w. I have sent back the GPU 3 times now Ebuyer stated after an intense testing all the cards was faulty and they sent replacment ( so how come the crash keeps happening) I have tryd new OS like 5 times completely whiping the hard drive looking for bad clousters(system freezes at some point every time i was doing it but last time iv done one partition and done it before OS started and went all the way trough not showing any issues) I'v done the Memtest 86+ it went flying trough without showing any errors. Recently i have even changed my CPU to FX-6300 and the crash keeps happening. i have managed to control it a bit by downclocking on old CPU(Athlon II x3) and puting only 8gb ram. it was working but never the game was going for longer than 1h. PLEASE HELP OVERCLOCKERS !!!!!!:attn::attn:

As welll i should add that a lot of system freezes and crashes happen in the os i was just trying to run PRIME 95 because i'v noticed that after 10 min of runing some workers stop working showing error hardware problem detected and i wanted to post it here, As well few days ago i have put my kids HD in it's an older seagate 250 GB with 32bit windows 7 on it. iv instaled only one newer game Skyrim and the crashes happen as well altho batman Arkham City runed for a while.

Please download the latest version of CPUz. The version you are using isn't detecting your hardware properly, because it is old:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

What are your temperatures? You can monitor them under load (run a stress test like prime95) with coretemp:
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Are you running at stock or are you overclocking currently?

If Prime95 is dropping workers usually that means the CPU is getting too hot and threads are crashing.

Yep will do but i took out 12 GB ram system kept crashing just now when i tryd to run PRIME95 but temps do go higher than 45c and that is on automatic fan lower level not FULL speed. I will try to run it now for a bit with the max heat setting

stock setting apart from fans on CPU get really load at 4200 rpm. my default setting in BIOS is fulll wack on fans. I have just tryd to start up Prime 95 and the system froze almost straight away. At first it wasn't this bad i could rune stress tests and they could be running for a while in OS it wasn't freezing that much i will try again

The cooler is stock from antother CPU i had a BE phenomII 965 and it's cooler is much better that the stock from FX-6300. Remount the cooler /? i have took out the CPU quite a few times since i had the problem so You think i would be doing the same error every time /?
the temps are fine on idle
I will try to run prime 95 again now

Iv just updated Core temp to newest version running prime 95 for few minutes maximum heat steady at 36C

Hm. That doesn't sound like a temperature reading under load. That looks more like an idle temp on the stock cooler.

that is after half an hour of prime 95 look at the error i kno temp read is low really

8.PNG

No ideas then ?>? what can i do to pinpoint the faulty hardware >> ??

I would do the following:

1. Make sure I ran memtest correctly (failures are usually only seen on certain passes, need to run all tests)
2. Eliminate variables by removing extra components - only 1 stick of ram, CPU, GPU, harddrive, keyboard, mouse, and fans - remove anything else that might be connected. Run Prime95 and see if you are still dropping threads.
3. Ensure my load temps are accurate (it seems like 36 is too low on the stock cooler at load, so something may be wrong there)
4. I would update the motherboard bios, chipset drivers, graphics drivers
5. I would check system and application event log after it crashes, and see what messages are listed there

Finally, if none of that uncovered anything, I'd try a fresh install and see if that resolved the crashes.

Back