• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about Hydra Vision, AMD Enduro, Lucid Logix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mod-R

Hi guys!

Need your help again. Not my strong side, GPUs, you could assume in your answers that all I know is it takes one...

Should I download those two first "extensions" of Catalyst Center?? I don't even know what Enduro is, I guess Hydra has to do with Lucid Logix?

And... should I use Lucid Logix. It seems to have many advantages for a very low overhead, but I really don't know if I should install and use that.

Please... thanks!! :)

That's what I was afraid of, though AnandTech gave a good review of Lucid Logix... If we were talking straight wiring of either the iGPU or dGPU, would you say it's REALLY worth it to use the iGPU for transcoding, compared with what my dGPU is capable of?

And... please do suffer another stupid question... why do I need to overscan my resolution so that the image fits the display?

Wait, woah, sorry, I think I read your post a little too quickly and didn't give you a complete answer.

Stuff that lets you combine power of GPUs like Lucid MVP usually doesn't work well. Exceptions are basically SLI, CrossfireX, and AMD Dual Graphics (APU + 6670 or below). (I kinda assumed you were talking about this, my bad).

Stuff that lets you switch between the two GPUs for power savings works pretty well. Even if auto switch doesn't work seamlessly, hardware hotkeys for switching should remedy this. I've mostly seen this on laptops though, not desktops (called NVIDIA Optimus).

Stuff that uses the integrated GPU for transcoding videos works quite well, if the software you're using supports it.

I guess I'll have to try then one of those days... for now, I've got some overclocking to do. :D

Nothing about why I always need to use an overscan so that my image fits the display - even though resolution is recognized Full HD?

Anyway, you the man, as always, thanks! Anyone else has got anything to say about these softwares?

Are you using an HDTV for a monitor, or connecting to it via HDMI? If yes to either of those that would be why you need overscan. Those types of screens usually want a slightly upscalled image to force to fit, or in the case of underscan they want to stretch it to fit the native resolution.

Are you using an HDTV for a monitor, or connecting to it via HDMI? If yes to either of those that would be why you need overscan. Those types of screens usually want a slightly upscalled image to force to fit, or in the case of underscan they want to stretch it to fit the native resolution.

Well thanks I just didn't know that. Now that you're saying that, though, it made me realize that I did not get to do that when I was using DVI, hence why it made me tick. But I changed screen in between so I was worried that I did not do something properly, somewhere. I could not see what... Thanks!

Back