• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM start-up problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

takiwa

I had MBM 5.1.0.1 so I decided to update to 5.1.0.7 to see if anything had changed. I uninstalled 5.1.0.1, and rebooted. I installed 5.1.0.7, set the new driver (not giveo.sys anymore, forget the new name) to System, and rebooted. Set MBM to start w/ Windows, and rebooted. MBM did not start, and RegCleaner shows that no command was placed in the registry to start w/ Windows. I saw very little difference in the program, and since it wasn't starting w/ Windows, I uninstalled and re-booted. I saw that the new driver was still in the system, so I disabled it through Device Manager, manually deleted the file, and then rebooted. I installed 5.1.0.1 (my old version), rebooted, started it up, told it to boot w/ Windows, and re-booted. Guess what? I can't get it to start w/ Windows now! The driver (giveo.sys) is starting w/ Windows (checked in Device Manager)...just not the MBM program itself. I am not sure why it is doing this...does anyone have an idea? TIA...

*EDIT* this is a follow-up...RainMaQer helped me figure this one out...when I uninstalled MBM 5.1.0.7, it deleted my registry key "Run" in HKEY Local Machine>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Run...just had to add the key again...thanks Rain :D

Last edited:
Back