• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello ALL new here THX google lol Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coiledvipers

Registered
I have a sabertooth 990FX r2.0 and have been having heat issues with my CPU 8350 AMD With Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX 30mm tall and what I am running into is heat when I run prime95 I hit 65C on CPU threw CPUID and mainboard runs at around 29 to 35c max during these tests. I am kinda new to building this stuff from ground up. Last build I did was basicly plug in and play. I have never built from the ground up like I am doing now. Currently I have a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO on there with one fan was thinking on adding another but I dont think thats gonna help that much really. I know I applied the thermal past on there and used Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound on there and didn't over apply or under apply. I really dont know how much weight a Motherboard can take for Heatsink wise.

OK,

First of all, your post is unreadable and you double-posted. Remove the other post and use the enter key more.

Now, altough I haven't used any amd processor before, that temperature looks perfectly normal to me when you are putting load on it. If the processor is holding out at prime, then I dont think you messed up the tim insstallation either. That temperature is normal. I am sure there is a lot more overhead for temperature.

Make sure the cpu cooler is bolted down fully and is properly seated on the cpu. What case do you have? It could be a matter of not enough air flow.

I would also suggest putting your pc specs in the your signature like I have to prevent having to needlessly type it out everytime someone asks :p

May need a couple more posts for a sig...and one can use use the edit button to prevent double posts. :)

K I have the following items in tower.

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo)
Kingston HyperX 16GB
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W
Rosewill LINE GLOW ATX Mid Tower
(Case fans are as follows 2 in front 120s Intake 1 on top as exaust and one in rear as exaust both 120s.)

And As I was writing this I got a pop up from asus Suite II That one of the 12v rails was below 12v I checked CPUID and running at 11.681 and bouncing between 11.781 and has lowest of 11.581.

Could I possably Have bad PSU unit. Could that be causing my CPU temps to go so High aswell?

Sorry EarthDog about that last night Think Internet was messing up as it would say lost connection and so I reposted.

I was talking to swampdonkey. I didnt see/look for a duplicate thread. ;)

Anyhoo, a PSU will not cause high temperatures. If you have a multimeter to check voltages, use that as software is notoriously inaccurate. The spec for the 12v rail is 5% (12*.95 and 1.05 = 11.4 and 12.6v) so if that is accurate, it drops out of spec.

Sounds like your CPU cooler wasnt mounted properly or the thermal goo.

2013-02-11-07h33-Temperature-Core #0.png

2013-02-11-07h33-Voltage-+12V.png

I uploaded few data sheets of temps and 12v Rails. I will be reapling thermal goo and make sure it sets Right I have never set a cpu wrong though. But theres always a first time maybe I just used to much. If that don't work any suggestions on whats a better CPU cooler for my Processor?

That cooler should easily hold that CPU at stock speed to temperatures much lower. Its not the cooler.

What is your ambient temperature? And you mentioned you have decent airflow already (front/sides=in top/rear=exhaust).

Temp in room is flux between between 21.1C to 27 at the max 27c Hardly Ever happens though. I would say it only get that high on Warm days during winter. I have heat in house set to 23c Case is around 4 feet away from Register up off Floor about 1 to 1 and half feet off the floor on Wooden Stand with openings all around it.

I have side Panel off of the Case as of now because with it on it increases it by 1-5C so I took it off. I am Also getting new Larger tower that is going to have bigger fans 2 in front 2 under it both as intakes 140s and side as intake aswell 200. For exaust I am going to have 2x140s at top and 1 120 in rear of tower. Also if your wounderingon other Temps they are as follows. ALL IDLE

CPU is 36c
MB temp 30c
Vcore-1 40c
Vcore-2 43c
NB HT 39C
Dram 33C
USB3.0-1 39c
USB3.0-2 33c
PCIE-1 is 40C
PCIE-2 30

These temps are from ASUS SUITE II

Last edited:
Problem on these CPU's is that they dont read the temperatures properly. Im not an AMD guy so you will have to wait until someone in the know chimes in and helps out.

But I would use Coretemp and take the offset the AMD guys tell you from that.

Alright Well Going by that My CPU temp is jumping from 22 to 29C but all others including CPUID and OCCT And Asus Suite II all have higher temps any reason that is?

Also Just checked BIO idle temps are at 38C Why so much Deviation? From one Program to anther?.

I have a sabertooth 990FX r2.0 and have been having heat issues with my CPU 8350 AMD With Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX 30mm tall and what I am running into is heat when I run prime95 I hit 65C on CPU threw CPUID and mainboard runs at around 29 to 35c max during these tests. I am kinda new to building this stuff from ground up. Last build I did was basicly plug in and play. I have never built from the ground up like I am doing now. Currently I have a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO on there with one fan was thinking on adding another but I dont think thats gonna help that much really. I know I applied the thermal past on there and used Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound on there and didn't over apply or under apply. I really dont know how much weight a Motherboard can take for Heatsink wise.

Ambient room temp high maybe? No I don't think your going to see much performance increase by throwing another fan on that tiny heatsink.

I merged all your threads together and deleted posts from the dupe threads.
Thank sorry about that Just kept getting Unable to connect last night to these forums untill this one actually posted.

Ambient room temp high maybe? No I don't think your going to see much performance increase by throwing another fan on that tiny heatsink.

I wouldn't think so. My heat sink is the Hyper 212 EVO Not small really. Actually biggest Heatsink I Have ever used. I dont know what else one to get atm.

BIOS has a load in it... so that isnt truly 'idle'.
Thanks.

You're looking for another heatsink? A better performer?

Ya I guess because I dont like these temps what so ever. I have never done Water cooled either and think that might be lil overkill actually. But ya What would you reccomend. I am just getting feel for everything atm. I heard the coolmaster V6 is good one but just unsure. Heard the nuca or what ever its called is good aswell. Just I dont know how much my Mobo can take for weight hanging off to the side with CPU Heatsink.

Back