• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No new GPU's for 2013 from AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow i went on that thread and read some stuff it looks like just a big long amd bashing thread lmfao. most of them dont even know what they are talking about.

the way i see it is it gives them plenty of time to refine a single gpu for better performance rather than hurry to drop one only to have it not complete and then next series just improve upon that one.

Who is ATI? AMD and ATI are one in the same. ;)

LOL @ TPU.. yeah..

Hopefully their next gen will nail it out of the park with the performance difference between high end last gen and new.

hoping their next gen is as good as we all are imagining. Having said that how do you think they will fair considering nvidia are planning on releasing their new line up this year? I cant imagine this years is going to be great for Sales for AMD

Id be surprised if that was true to be honest. That would be almost two years... I have to image that for the holiday season something new will be out. Now, if that is a souped up 7 series, or "8" series, no clue.

I read that the tempo of new GPU releases was straining both AMD's and Nvidia's R&D budgets. Understandable. If they released new tech much faster, game devs wouldn't be able to keep up with the hardware capabilities (they hardly are now).

I read that the tempo of new GPU releases was straining both AMD's and Nvidia's R&D budgets. Understandable. If they released new tech much faster, game devs wouldn't be able to keep up with the hardware capabilities (they hardly are now).

very true. I think consoles are seriously holding us back at the moment. Thinking about it the xbox360 and ps3 were available as early as 2006 in some countries! that's bordering on 7 years with the same hardware when the new console come out! To think of that in computer terms, the idea of not having any new hardware for my comp for more than 2 years gives me a shudder let alone 7.

Considering that the games market for PCs is rather small Vs that of consoles, so games, more often than not, have to be created for or ported to consoles. :rain:

I have noticed so many PC games which have near non existent options in regards to graphics, it makes me cry a little inside. :cry:

Interesting, even though I just purchased my card last fall I can't say I'm very pleased about this. There is always room for improvement. It's nothing to be really upset about though.

I think this is a good thing, seeing as they will have more time for refinement and tweaking as wagex had said. I'd rather have an amazing product that took maybe an extra 8 months to develop than a marginally better product now.
As for now though, they definitely need to fix their drivers. I was getting 38K PPD on F@H with my GTX670, and now I'm getting ~12.5K. The GPU usage is random from 0 all the way to 90%, never settling on any level. With the 670, it was constant 90-98%.

Nvidia is going to pull slightly further ahead market wise, and AMD is going to lie to its customers again and call all the new 7000 cards, 8000 cards.

They call it "relabeling" I call it bald face misleading and deceptive marketing. AKA LYING!

Nvidia is going to pull slightly further ahead market wise, and AMD is going to lie to its customers again and call all the new 7000 cards, 8000 cards.

They call it "relabeling" I call it bald face misleading and deceptive marketing. AKA LYING!
That is only in the OEM market.

So that is more an Acer, HP and Dell issue not an AMD issue.

Why would they bring out the Radeon HD 8970 series any time soon? The only single GPU card they can't compete with is the new nVidia Titan and the damn thing costs more than 2 7970 GHZ editions! 2 7970s in XFire is faster and cheaper than a single Titan.:drool:

And yet the reviews of gtx780 are just out, $1000 tho, not for your average gamer

But what is AMD thinking/planning?

News ive read about HD8xxx series was for late 2013, not 2014. Who's right.... we will know the day it come out !

And yet the reviews of gtx780 are just out, $1000 tho, not for your average gamer

But what is AMD thinking/planning?

There are no GTX 780 reviews out, the reviews you are thinking of is of the GTX Titan. Not a 7xx card, or a regular 6xx card.

Back