• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good Comcast Cable Modem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

I'm looking for a good wireless, cable modem for my Comcast connection. Not trying to spend a lot of money, just want to get the job done for a standard connection. Main goal is saving money. Thanks

just look for any good docsis 3 modem. and get yourself a wireless router separately the all in ones cost more in the short as well as long run, by getting the two in ones if ether part fails you get stuck replacing both if you get them separately and one fails you will only have to replace one part.

I just recently purchased the Motorola SB6121 Surfboard Docsis 3 because I cancelled my voice services and no longer needed their telephony modem. They have a less expensive Surfboard with a 100mbit port but I have a gigabit switch so I figure might as well pay a little more and keep it all gigabit. Straight forward modem, nothing fancy and gets the job done.

And when you purchase a new one, you'll need to call Comcast to activate it (regardless if the modem has a self-activation option, Comcast has to update the MAC address on their end). Took me 3 minutes.

I just recently purchased the Motorola SB6121 Surfboard Docsis 3 because I cancelled my voice services and no longer needed their telephony modem.

..... you'll need to call Comcast to activate it (regardless if the modem has a self-activation option, Comcast has to update the MAC address on their end). Took me 3 minutes.

^^^ This

Back